[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - A Change in the Air [Arrival/Inheritance Piece]

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:20 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

A streak of Indianapolis red sped along the country road gilded with green rolling hills. The car slowed as a sign in the windscreen of the car grew in size. The BMW M6 stopped directly in front of the sign. Inside, the driver turned the key in the ignition, turning off the engine and removed the keys. His hand reached for the door handle, pulling it gently until the pop of the car door was heard. He pushed the door open and looked up at the sign. "Palermo.......4 miles"

Giacomo sighed and turned around at the sound of a car engine approaching. He saw a car approaching and hoped it was Anastagio.

Tag Aaron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:32 am 
Average
Average

The sleak porshce 911 rolled around the corner, heading past the idilic countryside, each tree seeming to fit perfectly into its surroundings and the only thing to feel out of place was Anastagio in his sports car. But that didn't really matter for he wouldn't hang around too long. Pressing down on the gas pedal again, the car was moving forward in a quicker motion. The new picture of interest was the man ahead stepping lazily from his car, staring directly at Anastagio as he closed in on him. With a grin growing, Anastagio pressed heavily on the horn, reveing the car as if he was going to pass by. "Move you ugly fuck..." Screamed Anastagio with a smile, quickly shutting off his engine. He gracefully stepped from the silent car, pushing the door gentally behind him. His steps were fast, but silent, heading straight to Giacomo. "My dear brother, how are you?" He said, opening his arms to embrace the gentleman in a hug. The brothers were together again.

Cooooome on, taaaaag!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:50 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo walked up and embraced his brother, a smile on his face. He then held him back by the shoulders and batted the side of his head to show his annoyance but not to hurt him. "You took your time, didn't you. And don't drive like that. You drive like an old woman," Giacomo ended, smiling again.

Giacomo looked at the Porsche, frowning slightly. "Still don't think it was fair that you got the Porsche."

Tag, tag, tag...biatch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:03 am 
Average
Average

Anastagio pushed his brother back, expressing a slight bit of anger. "I drive like an old woman? Says the man who spends thirty minutes doing a three-point turn." He then glanced over to his gleeming red porsche, smiling as his brother showed a slight hint of jealousy. "You know why father left you the BMW don't you, because it was the only word you could spell." This was the good life, playful arguements with his brother, like the days they'd missed and wasted in their childhood. But none the less both brothers were a team, both holding intelligance and muscle and both having each others back. It was the way the brothers had always been in life, they'd covered for each other and worked for each other, the way brothers were meant too. "I got the porsche, you got the olive grove. I think thats unfair." Chances are the olive plantation would have failed at Anastagio's hands and with Giacomo it had deffinatly flurrished greatly. Something their parents would have been proud of.

He then looked away from his brother and over to the road sign, sighing as he mumbled the words. "We're so close, yet so far..." Whisped the man, hoping that his brother wouldn't hear him. "So, whats the plan for being out here? Collect our belongings and announce our arrival?" It seemed a shame to rush their meeting, especially on day of sun and joy, but they were getting nowhere just stood around arguing over who had the better possesions.

While waiting on his brothers reply, Anastagio removed a pair of blue tinted glasses from his jacket's front pocket, quickly unfolding them and pushing them onto his face, his eyes were now no longer squinted in the daytime sunshine.

You got my PM, now TAG!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:43 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo fought to keep a straight face. These light-hearted arguments were always the highlight of his day. "At least I can spell," retorted Giacomo, a smile breaking out across his face. He hit his brother's arm in a friendly manner as they both laughed, remembering their childhood. Listening to what his brother said about the Porsche and the plantation, Giacomo nodded, an accepting expression on his face. "Fair enough. But remember what I've done with the plantation and why we're here in the first place," replied Giacomo, eyebrows raised slightly. He knew Anastagio wasn't too bothered about not getting the olive plantations, but he had no reason to. Giacomo looked after his slightly younger brother, made sure he had what he needed.

Anastagio mumbled something discernible and then asked a question. Before Giacomo could find out what his brother had mumbled, he began to think about the question asked of him, wondering what to do next. After the note he found in his father's old office, Giacomo decided that they would have to move on to other things. Giacomo wasn't supposed to find the letter for another year, but his father forgot about how Giacomo liked to look through old letters and notes. Giacomo always wondered why he was never able to make as much money as his father from the olive plantation, despite the fact that he had done exactly what his father had done. The links his father had were immense.

Sighing, Giacomo answered his brother's question. "To tell you the truth, everything is taken care of. We just have to sign some papers about the cars. They were given to us by one of Papa's friends. It was something in Papa's will. After that," Giacomo paused, opening the passenger side door of the car and removing two pieces of paper from the glove compartment. One was the will, the other was the letter left by his father for both Giacomo and Anastagio. Giacomo continued, "we have to find the family Papa had links to." Judging by the odd look on Anastagio's face, Giacomo remembered that he hadn't shown his brother the letter. Handing the letter to his brother, he said, "I never understood why Papa made more money than me on the plantation. I found this letter, addressed to both of us. He had some links to a family in Palermo. Didn't you wonder why I hired someone to look after the plantation?"

Giacomo looked at his brother and waited for him to read the letter.

Tag...not finished yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:21 pm 
Average
Average

Anastagio snatched the letter, briskly straigtening it out for an easier read. His eyes raced along the words, allowing not a second for them to deeply sink into his now racing mind. Although to him the letter didn't make a grand difference, but it did answer a few questions. "The will, you say that'll happen when we get to it, then why are we wasting time." But Anastagio didn't immediatly step over to his car, he first folder the letter and passed it back. "Our father, connected to a family we didn't even know about. You'd have thought we'd seen or heard something." It was one thing to hide letters and such from the brothers, but to hide an entire life that could affect them all was a totally new thing to them both, well to Anastagio anyway. "But you gotta remember, neither of us would be here right now. And even if we were here, we wouldn't be standing in such a fashion that is a fact. So don't ever take that from yourself."

Still staying to the topic of the olive plantation, Anstagio spoke again. "So, lets assume we find the family who helped papa with the olive plant, what we gonna do then?" That was one thing Anastagio didn't quite understand with the situation. He understood how the family would have aided him and how they would have vanished on their father's tragic demise, leaving the brothers to struggle. His brother would have to answer quite a few questions to throw him back into sync.

"I know its leaping from topic to topic, but don't you think we should get these papers signed and out of the way before we do anything else?" Anastagio didn't want to sound impatient but he was right, they were jumping the gun before it'd even been loaded. For all they know the will and papers could teach them more. But then again, it may just hinder their travels, he didn't know how but it was all possible.

Tag!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:14 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo watched his brother whose impetuous, almost hot-headed actions were but a glimpse of what was going on inside his head. Giacomo had seen that look in his eyes before. Bombarded with questions, Giacomo raised his hands motioning for his brother to calm down. Giacomo never liked to rush anything while his brother was always on the move. Waiting for his brother to finish speaking, Giacomo spoke, answering each question and concern in turn. "Firstly, dear brother, we have time. We're close to Palermo, we just have to stop in Prima, Palermo and then we'll go down to the South of Palermo to look for the family." Crossing his arms, Giacomo continued, looking directly at his brother.

"Do you honestly think papa would want us to know about his connections to a crime family? He performed some favours for them, they performed favours for him. Knowing any kind of family, they wouldn't want their presence known to all." Giacomo took a step back, leaning against his BMW and continued. "I did well with the plantation, but I can do better." A light breeze played with Giacomo's suit jacket. Standing up straight, he brushed the black suit jacket until the breeze stopped and it was straight once again. The leaves on nearby trees could still feel the breeze, rustling lightly, filling the air with sound.

Speaking a little louder, Giacomo continued. "Again, why do you think I hired someone to look after the olive plantation? We still make money from it, but I decided we should move on to other things. Papa got into this business for a reason, I want to get into this business and understand for myself." 'I've grown accustomed to this kind of power and wealth as well.' The unsaid words. Giacomo's intentions were innocent enough, he just wished for more money in a new area. He wanted to open up businesses in Palermo, but for that, he would need to known who really controlled the place. "The family papa did work for left after his death, because I had never heard of them before."

Giacomo paused for a moment, forming the plan in his head. Once it came together, Giacomo related it to his brother. "First, when we get there, don't mention that we have the cars. Legally, we're not supposed to have them. We're going to sign these papers now to make it legal. We just need to show proof that we are who we are and the will, they'll give us the papers and we sign them. Papa's friend, the man who gave us the cars, gave them to us before we had signed the papers, so from now until the papers are signed, we drive carefully. We aren't the legal owners of these cars yet. I don't want trouble from anybody right now." Giacomo ended in a stern voice and a stern expression, making it clear that he wouldn't accept any trouble.

His stern expression lightened to a slight smile and he said to his brother, already taking the keys out of his pocket and turning to the car. "Shall we go?"

Tag and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:03 pm 
Average
Average

Anastagio watched as his brother's calm hand hover in mid air, drifting downwards in a poor attempt to hush the agrivated man. "We have time? Oh yea, like papa had time." He couldn't help himself, the words seemed to slide out of his mouth. And with each iron word Anastagio felt his heart race faster and faster, he knew if he didn't calm down his brother would do more than wave at him that was a fact. "Listen, I'm sorry. I know you've got a plan, but I figure it's quicker to get it over and done with than push it out over a million months." Forcing his hands deep into his pockets, Anastagio stepped towards his car, resting his forehead on the edge atop the door, sighing deeply and moving onto his brothers next remark.

"No, I don't think he did. Maybe that is why he hid it from us, or maybe he just misplaced them and never had the energy to tell us." It was often something men hid from their families, but surely their father would have told them what they were getting themselves into as they were handed the plant. Or why hadn't they paid it a visit after their father's demise, or maybe they'd even caused it. "You DID YOUR BEST! Don't ever take that away from yourself. Who is to say the mafia didn't have something to do with the fall of our profits? They were the ones who caused them to be good, wouldn't slip it past them to do the opposite."

This was beginning to race around in circles now for both men, but it was the only way for more infomation to arise for the pair. "We still earn? Thats good, I guess. But what could we possibly learn, we already know enough, what else could be thrown into the stew for us to fight over eh?" Anastagio was not impressed by his brother, but he knew through time he would as his brother was without a doubt the one of the two who would get them somewhere in life, and he was the one who had always saved Anastagio and he knew it was about time he stopped questioning and just agreeing, unless he saw a true flaw in the plan.

"Drive safe? I'm always safe. And I'm ready when you are, brother." Anastagio stepped from the car, popped open his door and slid in. He left the door open to say a quick bit more to his brother before they pulled away from the road sign. "Lead the way Giacomo, but don't go too far ahead please. As for proof, I think I got my passport somewhere along the line." Anastagio closed his door, turned the key. The faint rev of the car masked out the man's stressed sigh. All he could do now was wait for his brother to drive on and allow him to follow.

Tag, brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:09 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo watched his brother get into the car and rev the engine. He sighed, not wanting to keep things from his brother, but not wanting to distress him further. Leaning down, knocked on the car window. Anastagio rolled down the window at Giacomo's request and stopped revving the engine for a moment. Giacomo spoke, the noise of the engine still discernible in the background. "Just trust me, fratello. This will turn out for the best."

Hoping these words comforted his brother, Giacomo banged the top of the Porsche with his palm lightly and walked over to his BMW. He slid into the driver's seat, a slight smile on his face. In truth, he preferred the BMW. It was a beautiful piece of machinery, and it was silent. Removing the key from his pocket, he inserted it into the ignition and turned it until the engine roared into life. He looked over to his brother, nodding to say that they would be leaving now. Gently, he pressed the accelerator with his shoe, setting the car in motion. Obeying all the speed limits, Giacomo, with his brother close behind, made their way to Palermo.

It had taken an hour to find the solicitor's office, nesteled amongst the streets of Palermo. Giacomo and Anastagio parked their cars close to the solicitor's office, exiting their cars simultaneously. Once both were locked, the brothers walked the short distance to the solicitor's office. The streets of Palermo were packed with drivers and pedestrians, crowding the streets and muffling the sights. Giacomo, who had a pentient for architecture, looked around eagerly, attempting to ignore the people that suffocated the beautiful city.

Several minutes later, Giacomo and Anastagio were in a waiting room, all the paperwork needed with them. The office was disappointingly modern and barren. Giacomo read over the documentation to pass the time, making sure everything was clear in his mind. He was awoken by Anastagio who had tapped him on his shoulder. Giacomo looked over and saw his brother was standing up. He then looked over at the secretary and understood that they had been allowed to go into the solicitor's office.

The office was a pleasant change from the waiting room, filled with mahogany furniture, but was quite barren, except for the books that filled a floor to ceiling shelf behind the desk that sat on the other side of the room. The brothers walked further into the room, greeting the solicitor who sat behind the desk, light reflecting off of his slicked back hair. All three men were silent as papers were exchanged. Once the solicitor had verified the will and the identification of both brothers, sending information into the computer through the keyboard for an uncomfortably long moment, the solicitor passed a document over, filled with writing in marked areas. Giacomo recognised the handwriting as belonging to the friend of his father, tha man who had sent them the cars, along with a letter explaining why he had. "Please sign next to the 'X'," said the solicitor, handing a pen to Giacomo. Giacomo gave the pen and paper to his brother and waited for him to sign it before reading it and signing it himself. The solicitor thanked them and took the piece of paper out of the room, stating, "I'm just going to photocopy this, then I will return with the original for you to keep." The solicitor left the room quickly, opening and closing the door as quietly as possible. Giacomo straightened the collar of his white silk shirt, making sure it didn't stick out of his jacket.

The solicitor returned with the piece of paper and handed it to Giacomo. "Thank you, gentlemen. Enjoy your cars, and I am sorry for your loss." Giacomo stood up, waiting for Anastagio to stand up before extending his hand and saying, "Thank you." He didn't want to say anything else, worried that he might show anger towards a man he didn't know. Quickly, the brothers took their leave and returned to their cars. Again, Giacomo led the way, towards Southern Palermo this time, making their way to the family their father had worked with.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Requests:

[1x]
[1x]

Note: Should any money be given, could the grader please divide it equally between Anastagio and I? Thank you in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:07 am 
Average
Average

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]