[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Corona di Palermo [Canelupo]

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:59 am 
Advanced
Advanced

The young woman watched Anton collect his surgeon's kit, and neatly caught the knife that Isi threw her between her thumb and forefinger. Glancing it over, she touched her finger to the point as the two advanced into the house, admiring the sharp black length of metal. She stuck her finger in her mouth, sucking off the blood as she paused to listen to Anton, smiling slightly. "Please ... call me 'Asia. Most people can't be bothered with the full name, anyway ..."
Inside the kitchen now, Atanasia answered her cellphone - a call from the gatehouse. She ensured that the visitors had been fully searched she OKed their entry and continued to speak to her swarthy companion and Dr. Phibes as she admired the knife, waiting for the men at the gate to arrive and be shown into the house. "It doesn't matter about the knives, honestly. I'm sure I can pick up some in town, or Isi can ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:22 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo cleared his throat as he entered the kitchen, Anastagio close behind, attempting to gain the attention of those in the room in a polite manner. Once he had their attention, he stepped the rest of the way into the room, keeping at a comfortable distance but appearing more relaxed, more nonchalant. In a neutral he spoke, hands comfortably resting in his trouser pockets.

"Sorry about our slight absence. We were given a brief tour of the house."

Giacomo thought back to the tour he and his brother were given, enjoying what he saw. The design was tasteful, the size of the mansion was monumental. Looking down at his suit jacket, he brushed it down with his hands, coaxing it into a straighter position. He had been sitting down for quite a while. He then looked at each person in the kitchen, noting the presence of another person he had not seen earlier.

Giacomo's face remained relaxed as thoughts filled his mind, forcing themselves to be acknowledged. Why aren't I as nervous as I was before? Why am I accustoming myself so easily to the situation? I've not done anything yet! thought Giacomo, his face betraying his emotions for a split second with a rapid creasing of his brow. He mentally shook himself clearing his mind of these thoughts and waited patiently for someone in the kitchen to break the silence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:38 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Anton's eyes flicked as they entered, followed by his head and body; tense under the layer of black clothing. He’d word nothing else but the dark black for days and watched, listened and waited while. Observing and judging Anton spoke to Giacomo “I don’t think tours of the house are anything to apologize for…” Anton sat down slowly into a chair with his bag upon his lap, fingers wrapped around it as the eyes of the doctor were ever intent upon Giacomo’s face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:06 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

A small smile broke through, spreading softly across Giacomo's face. He took a quick breath, returning the doctor's intent gaze and spoke in a respectful yet calm tone, his hands clasped together in front of him.

"I still feel that being polite is appropriate, Dr. Phibes. And I feel my brother and I have missed something."

Giacomo waited patiently, the small smile disappearing.

OOC: Sorry its short. My father wouldn't stop talking to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:16 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Atanasia's grip on the throwing knife in her hand tightened slightly as Giacomo cleared his throat, before she relaxed once more and set the knife down - more for her own safety than the others. She was rather skilled at cutting herself with knives when she didn't want to. It wasn't that she was clumsy, just sometimes a little absent minded. "This is my friend, Isi. Isi, Giacomo and Anastagio Palminteri." Her swarthy friend nodded to each of them in turn, preferring not to speak, before she turned for the fridge and opened it, sorting through the contents to find something to eat.
"A little politesse was never unwelcome," Atanasia looked down at the knife once more, fingers itching to do something but her brain telling her to leave it for once. She always liked to be doing something - it helped her think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:36 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

"Well, down to business as would be said. We have weapons, we have vehicles, but we lack one thing. We need men. Without men, without people we won’t be able to function and thrive; we need them soon and now” Anton nodded at them all and began an oration. “It has been in my experience the best men are those who need work, who are honest, and will serve; but not men who will be too honest as to go to authorities, we need ones that have the quality of honor and respect, that is a good man. I recommend we find these men; and that was including them… Have you any ideas?” It was an open ended question that Anton Phibes had left them. He didn’t expect an answer but was counting on an idea to use to go after and get some good men. His fingers gripped the surgical kit as he arose from the seat to move closer to the refrigerator; standing solemn and quietly looking at them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:01 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo's brow creased, deep in thought. He had worked with a small group of people for most of his life. These people he trusted almost like family. They were good men. Gente rude do campo, he chimed, recalling the Portuguese poem once again. Collecting himself, Giacomo spoke once more, offering his idea to the table.

"I know of some men, but only a small group. The olive plantation my father left me is still in use, and I employ locals there. I can spare about five to ten men from there. They will be in their thirties and in good shape, being mainly labourers and farmers. Most know how to handle a weapon and most importantly, they are loyal. Their families have been working for the Palminteris for several generations. They will not betray us, I swear it on my life."

Giacomo waited to hear what Atanasia or Anton would say, hoping that they would consider these men. He trusted these men with his life, having known them since his youth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:19 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

"Good we will use them, but however we need more, some who are perhaps skilled in weaponry, medicine, law, someone with a skill. Your men will of course be included in the security of family members, and protection of businesses” Anton looked to Atanasia and said “I think we’ve someone very useful here.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:26 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Atanasia nodded, making her way around the kitchen bench and taking a seat on one of the stools. Isi, bringing out a plate with a couple of slices of pizza on it, turned to find Dr. Phibes standing directly in her path and did a double take, almost dropping the plate. "Your men," Atanasia directed this at Giacomo as she glanced over at Isi's double take, "You think they will take this well? Being asked to join a crime syndicate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:43 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo replied with a nod and elaborated, wanting Atanasia and all in the room to understand the type of men he had suggested were.

"The men I speak of are from the country side. They're used to catching or killing animals themselves and preparing the carcasses. These men will do what they have to, to survive. Their families have worked for the Palminteris for quite some time now and their loyalty lies with my brother and I."

Giacomo paused for a moment, his eyes looking directly into Atanasia's without wavering.

"They will do what they have to live. If, by joining a crime syndicate, can they make more money, then they will join, as long as I approve of it. I trust these men, as they trust me," and I will earn my trust with you. were the unsaid words that reflected in Giacomo's eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:52 am 
Advanced
Advanced

The young Romanian/Italian nodded and ran a hand through her hair absent mindedly. The only men she could possibly muster were from Romania, and would not be true to the traditional lineage of the Family so far. Thinking for a few more seconds, she finally spoke out, "Alright ... we'd better start collecting then. Doctor, your opinion? ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:58 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

"I say we gather these men, but we need more than just this. Perhaps they can help us gather more?" Anton looked at them both then nodded to Isi, "will she come aswell?" Taking a step back; head tilted, Anton said "I think we will need ten men"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:15 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo nodded, slipping his hands into his trouser pockets.

"I am not sure that they will be able to lead us to other men, as educated as you would like, but they will have the basics at least. I will call the man that looks after the plantation in my absence to inform the men of our arrival."

Turning to Atanasia, Giacomo pointed behind him, outside of the kitchen and asked.

"May I use the phone? If we are to collect these men, we will have to drive to Corleone. The olive plantation is a few kilometres to the West of Corleone."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:20 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Atanasia formed a few words with her hands, aimed in Isi's direction. The Costa Rican glanced up just as she was finishing and spelled something out quickly with one hand, causing her friend to smile and nod. "She said she's sick of sewing. The answer's yes." Giacomo spoke out, and the young woman reached behind the bench to retrieve the portable phone from where she'd left it that morning. Once it was in her hand, she held it out to Giacomo. "All yours."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:46 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo accepted the portable phone that was offered to him and thanked Atanasia with a slight bow of his head. Turning on his heel, he began to dial the number, walking to the other side of the kitchen so he would not bother the others while he spoke. Pressing the phone against his ear, he listened to the ring tones, once, twice, thrice before there was a crackle and a voice on the other end.

"Palminteri Olive Oil, what can I do for you?"

"Frederico, its Giacomo. I am calling because I will be arriving there soon. I want Ottavio, Terzo, Umberto, Piero, Giuliano, Orlando, Basilio, Vico, Pio and Ippolito ready to leave when I arrive. No, Frederico, not the seniors, the juniors. I have a new job for them."

"Yes, Mr. Palminteri. I will take care of it now."

"Grazie."

Giacomo then pressed a button that ended the call, walking over to the others in the kitchen. He handed the phone back to Atanasia and thanked her again before relaying what had developed over the short phone conversation.

"The men I told you about are getting ready to leave the plantation. All we have to do is pick them up."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next