[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Private detectives? Nah, violence is quicker.[Family findin]

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:36 pm 
Average
Average

The two cars turned the corner, heading directly onto what had in a short time become a busy street. Both cars were now under the legal ownership of either brother, they'd ensured that a few hours ago. Giacomo led the pair, pulling easily into a gap in the already parked cars, leaving Anastagio to find a place to park his car too. His eyes floated down the road, scanning and eyeing up each space, not being totally sure if his car would fit into the space. "Fuckin' hell..." Mumbled Anastagio as he slammed his heavy hands down onto the leather coated steering wheel. But his anger was one of a short lived nature as the car to his right pulled away, leaving behind a space ideal for the porsche. Wasting not a second longer, Anastagio parked the porsche with great ease into the space, only waiting for the traffic to pass and allow him out.

By the time Anastagio had 'escaped' from his car, his brother had moved into the confines of a small yet quiant cafe around the corner. Grunting to himself, Anastagio passed through the mixture of vacant tables and oogling couples, heading straight over to his 'emotionless' brother. Giacomo had from nowhere gathered a newspaper and begun to read it, Anastago had no clue why the man ever left his imagination to be fed by a newspaper and their tales of bitterness. "So, whayya know?"

Tag..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:16 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo flicked his wrists, paper still in hands. As he had desired, the newspaper in his hands straightened, making it easier for his olive eyes to scan the page he was looking at. Giacomo continued to read, ignoring his brother. Before his brother could get angry, a waiter arrived at the table they were sitting at, holding a tray with two espressos. He placed them both on the table, one in front of each brother and bowed slightly. "Grazie," said Giacomo, looking up from his paper and bowing his head slightly. The waiter turned on his heel and left. At this moment, Giacomo leaned towards his brother nonchalantly and whispered something only his brother could hear. "I was waiting for him, so we would not be interrupted. So far there is not much in the Southern part of Palermo. Most of the criminal activities linked to Mafia in this paper are around the North of Palermo."

Giacomo flicked his wrists again and placed the paper on the table, folded, next to his espresso. Crossing his legs at the knee, Giacomo picked up the small espresso cup and raised it slowly to his lips, watching the steam slowly rise from the thin layer of mocha coloured froth that sat on top of the rich, bitter and dark liquid. Giacomo took a sip, savouring the warm bitterness that bit his tongue and the roof of his mouth. Placing the espresso cup back on the small saucer, Giacomo looked around. The small corner he and his brother sat at offered them the perfect vantage point. From the mirrors and bottles of alcohol that lined the back of the bar to the front of the café and all that were inside it. Giacomo sighed, remembering how long it had been since he was last in a café.

Giacomo raised the espresso cup to his lips one more time, finishing the bitter liquid before pointing at the newspapers so his brother could see what he had found. Whispering again, he said, "The few crimes in Southern Palermo are linked to this estate." The picture was of a beautiful facade with the caption 'Corono di Palermo'. The crown, indeed, thought Giacomo. Looking at his brother, he waited for him to express his feelings. It wasn't a concrete clue, but it was a start. With the name of the estate, they would be able to question people in Southern Palermo about who owned it and its location. Giacomo rapped his knuckles on the table lightly, waiting for Anastagio to look at the paper.

Tagness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:56 pm 
Average
Average

Anastagio pulled the paper from his brother, unfolding the paper to get a full read of the page that his brother spoke of. His eyes scanned the crumpled page, noting every word he thought he'd need to remember, taking a mental picture of the image that the page showed. His brother was more than likely right about the mafia, it was something Anastagio had never really personally took an interest in, nor did he really care about their existence, assuming they kept away from him and his brother. Truth be told, he never knew his brother had, but he'd took a guess that this homework was from finding the letters and nothing more. "One thing...how long have you been looking into the mafia?" Joked Anastagio as he grabbed the expresso before him.

He tilted the ceramic cup, pressing the warm edge against his lip, parting them slightly, just wide enough to allow a small flow of the brown liquid. Blowing out his cool breath in an attempt to chill it as he drank. "I hate this expensive stuff, what ever happened to coffee, just plain coffee." Said Anastagio with a chuckle. "Brother, what else have you found? Any leads strong enough to follow?"

Tag, you amazing thing you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:05 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo waited patiently as his brother read the paper. His question, although asked in jest, confirmed Giacomo's fears. He hadn't wanted to trouble his brother with these minor details, but he would not keep them from his brother. "I've been looking for them ever since I found the note, several months ago. I wasn't looking very hard, or I would have spent more time in Palermo." Giacomo now watched the bartender nonchalantly, waiting for Anastagio to finish his espresso.

Anastagio was not as business orientated as Giacomo, and the idea of joining a crime family for the purpose of increasing power and wealth probably did not seem like a good idea. However, in Giacomo's opinion, this was a good idea. Whether he was capable of murder was something he would have to deal with later. Still resting his arm on the table, Giacamo drummed the table with his fingers, listening carefully to the question his brother asked him. Taking a short breath, as if the small intake of oxygen would fortify him like a glass of scotch, Giacomo spoke, his voice low. "All I know so far is that this bartender knows something about the family, from my research. I am guessing, however, that he will not say much and that to find this estate, we'll have to go elsewhere. Either way, I am going to ask him what he knows. Wait here."

Giacomo stood up, his breathing shallow as his legs ate the distance between his seat and the bartender. The glass counter was cool against Giacomo's clothes as he leant against it, his arms resting on the counter. The bartender, a typical Mediterranean man standing at five feet and ten inches, looked up at Giacomo as he approached smiling at him. "How may I help you?" asked the bartender, putting a glass in its place and giving Giacomo his full attention. Giacomo never liked to beat around the bush in matters of business. In his experience, when he was up front, he got what he wanted. Nevertheless, his business wasn't exactly violent like Mafia. Giacomo took a quick breath and spoke, a relaxed tone with a sliver of authority escaping his lips. "I am looking for 'La Famiglia Canelupo' and the 'Corono di Palermo'. Can you tell me anything about them?" The bartender just stared at Giacomo, a shade of red reaching his face. Slowly, Giacomo reached into his pocket, pulling out his wallet. Before the bartender could splutter in obvious anger, Giacomo flipped his wallet open and showed the bartender the contents, or lack there of. As Giacomo had hoped, the bartender calmed down after seeing that there wasn't a badge in Giacomo's wallet.

Giacomo continued, authority disappearing from his tone and being replaced by a quiet, neutral tone. "I am looking for the family because I want to join. My father was a member before he died, leaving me with an olive plantation." The bartender listened, about to decline but once he heard about the plantation, he frowned slightly. Did this man know his father? thought Giacomo. Quickly, the bartender turned and wrote something down. Facing Giacomo again, he gave him the piece of paper with directions to a butcher. "I can't tell you exactly where it is because I don't work with the family like I used to. This man will know." Giacomo thanked the man, slipping him one hundred American dollars in Lira.

Walking back to the table, Giacomo patted his brother's shoulder. "Lets go."

Taggy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:26 pm 
Average
Average

Anasatagio watched his brother walk back from the bar, his hand returning the wallet into his pocket. He also had spied the conversation, attempting to lip read any words shared between the two men, but failed miserably. "Oh lord..." Anastagio returned to his now slightly chilled drink, taking the final bit in one gulp. The sound of the cup clattering had a near echoing effect through the now desolate cafe. It was amazing how in such a short time, the cafe had transformed from a bustling room of life, to a mess of steel furnature and white clothed men and woman clearing the rubbish the patrons had left behind them. Anastagio felt slightly compelled to aid them, placing both his and Giacomo's cups and saucers onto the steel tray they'd come on, and using the spare napkin he gave the wet coffee circles a quick wipe, removing them easily. "Thats better, Said Anastagio, pushing the tray towards the edge of the table to aid an easy removal by the waiter.

He felt the gentle tap from his brother bring him back into the room, allowing him to notice the night time that had bestowed them. "Come on then bro, it is getting late after all." Anastagio stood up and pushed his chair back under the table, making the cafe seem a little more tidier. The two brothers slowly walked from the cafe, giving Anastagio a chance to talk with his brother. "I don't know what you honestly expect from all this Giacomo, but all I expect is a bullet in my chest and maybe one in my head. If anything happens to me, brother, you've got my blood on your hands." Anastagio bowed his head. He then turned towards his car, popping open the door and stepping silently in. Neither man made a sound, the atmosphere fell deadly still, the only sound was that of the engine revving faintly as Anastagio throwing it into motion, slowly beginning to pull out. He could feel his head begin to ache, he'd said something he knew he shouldn't have, but then again he knew it was wiser to stay clean than keep secrets.

All that was left now for the cafe visit was of course Giacomo to lead the them both to the next location on their tour of the underground lifestyles of Palmero. Impatiently, Anastagio gave the gas pedal a push, allowing his revs to fill the quiet street.

Taaaag!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:00 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

The last thing Giacomo wanted was his brother's death. He felt responsible for him like a father felt responsible for his son. As Anastagio revved the engine, Giacomo sighed deeply, massaging the bone between his eyes. Clenching his eyes shut, Giacomo swallowed the lump forming in his throat and made his way to the BMW. It was a lovely piece of machinery, but something he wished to replace with a more antiquated car. These thoughts disappeared as quickly as they formed, the words of his brother cutting into his mind like sharks circling their prey. Giacomo inserted the key into the ignition and turned it slowly, listening to engine roar to life. Pressing the pedal with his foot, after shifting to reverse, Giacomo moved the car out of the parking space and drove out of the car park, Anastagio following close behind.

The night sky was a black velvet blanket strewn with diamonds, twinkling every so often. The moon was not visible, shedding no light on the streets of Palermo. The brothers drove, engines adding to the noise of Palermo's night life. A circle of red shone in windscreen, the cars simultaneously slowed down. The cars stopped, side by side, waiting under the glare of red. Giacomo looked to his brother and rolled down the window. Once he caught his brother's eye, Anastagio rolled his window down. "Here is the plan: we find a hotel to stay for the night. Its too late to go to the butcher the bartender told me about." Giacomo ended by closing his window, watching it slide up into place as the red glare changed to green. Giacomo continued driving, not mentioning a thing Anastagio had said earlier. Street lights blurred Giacomo's vision and disappeared systematically, working like a metronome for his thoughts. Anastagio had voiced Giacomo's fears in those few words. One of his greatest fears was not being able to protect his brother, but he also believed that he could protect his brother more with this move. He knew how Mafia families looked out for their own.

Before he realised it, Giacomo was turning into the hotel car park, and parking the car. Few words were exchanged between the brothers as they entered the hotel, paying for their rooms and retiring for the night. That night, Giacomo lay awake, his mind racing. Everytime he closed his eyes, he saw his brother dead, a bullet hole in his head.

The next morning, a tired eyed Giacomo waited outside the butcher shop he was told about the day before. Around the corner came Anastagio, walking towards his brother with determination. His expression was not pleased, but it wasn't as damning as it was the day before. As Anastagio passed his brother, making for the butcher, Giacomo reached out, placing a hand on his shoulder to stop him. Anastagio turned to face him, giving Giacomo his full attention. Giacomo sighed and spoke, attempting to reason with Anastagio.

"I believe this move to be a good one. They will protect us more. I know it is dangerous, but you know me. I wouldn't let anything happen to you and I plan on running businesses only. If you don't want a part of this, then go home. I will call you when I finish." Giacomo waited for his brother's reply, knowing he wouldn't leave his side, but hoping he would if the situation disturbed him enough. The hand on Anastagio's shoulder was warm and reassuring.

Gat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:06 am 
Average
Average

Anastagio turned the corner, the night had done him well, he'd had a chance to truely contemplate his words and actions, he knew that his brother would have done nothing but dwell on the day before. It was the key thing that really bothered Anastagio, he'd not refined his words, merely screamed them and vanished, something he'd not done too often in his life before. But there was one thing for certain in his mind, this life he lived was over, a new life was about to begin, he either followed his brother, worked together to defeat the fears and evil, or stood alone on, leaving the only family he had behind. What could he do, he knew that the life before him would never be over until death. A life time commitment, Anastagio wasn't ready, he knew he wasn't deep down, but the voice that echoed in his mind told him different, and for now, he had to listen to this voice. 'Family, the only thing that matters...' Whispered the voice, it was almost like insanity, and it was enough for Anastagio to give in.

He glanced at Giacomo, smiled softly and spoke in a gentle voice. "Let me handle this, please. I need to know how far I can go after all..." A none approving glance came from Giacomo as Anastagio led the two men into the shop. The butcher turned as the bell hanging idly from the door rang, the shop was empty and that of course was good news. Anastagio turned to his brother, and nodded. "Close the store for a moment please, brother." His brother placed his foot firmly against the door, pushing the steel latch across, still standing there and guarding the door, quickly giving the hanging sign a flip to reveal a 'closed' sign. It was now Anastagio's time to shine, finally see if he could really have that vital instinct to join, the mafia.

He leant over the counter and whispered to the bloody butcher, "Lemme round the back, I wanna talk about the Canelupo, and rumour has it you know a lot." The butcher staggered back in fear, brandishing his cleaver with a leather clad hand, yelling random Italian curse words. Anastagio rolled his eyes and took several steps back. He charged forward, leap frogging easily over the counter, now face to face witha mad butcher frantically swinging his knife at Anastagio. Sighing loudly, Anastagio swung his first forward, planting a heavy punch on the man's face like a pile of bricks. The butcher yelped in pain as the blood immediatly begun to gush from his broken nose, dribbling like water down over his lips and onto his chin. As each droplet fell from his chin, another tear of agony surfaced on the man's eye. Anastagio then grabbed onto the butcher's arm, snatching the meat cleaver from his hand and pressing the butcher against the wall with the cleaver brushing against his soft flesh. "Tell me what I've come to find out, where are the family based?" The butcher spat the bit of blood that he'd gathered in his mouth at Anastagio, this of course fed the rage that had manifested for many years within him, finally errupting in a state of desperation. This time Anastagio asked again with a more brutal tone, the edge of the blade pressing harder against the butcher's neck, the flesh had already begun to bleed, but not enough for it to cause much agony. "I'm asking you nicely you fuck, where is the fucking estate?!" It was startling how calm Anastagio's voice had stayed, volume wise anyway. This time he got the answer he desired. "Ok, ok, I'll tell you..."

The butcher detailed the drive to the estate, leaving the two men with only one job left, arriving.
Anastagio released the knife's plastic handle, allowing it to fall heavily against the ground. He then stepped back and free'd the butcher and letting the man stand up, shaking from fear, like Anastagio had intended. His exit from behind the counter was a more civilised one, lifting up the counter panel and stepping towards his brother. "Lead the way," Giacomo stepped from the door, letting the two men step out and head away, their job here was done. But the butcher wasn't going to go down without a fight, he turned quickly towards the telephone, throwing his hands at it like the last hope he had. He bashed in a number and pressed it against his ear. "You got a problem..."

Tag..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:23 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Giacomo said nothing to his brother, quietly seething with anger. They were different men, so Giacomo could not stay angry at him for something he saw was alright. However, this didn't mean he couldn't say something. As they arrived to the cars, Giacomo spoke through clenched teeth, hiding most of his anger towards his brother. "That wasn't needed. You do know that he'll probably warn them of our arrival, don't you?"

Without saying another word, Giacomo entered his BMW, starting the engine with a flick of his wrist. He grabbed the seat belt and slammed it into the socket, an audible click sounding in the car. Giacomo sighed and pressed the accelerator with his foot, driving off towards the estate and possible danger.

We're now in the estate

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]