[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Spring In Trapani[NPC Kill/Recruit...etc.]

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:10 pm 
Average
Average

Spring in Trapani

Spring in Trapani, a time of quiet relaxation and reflection. A time when even the more violent provinces of Sicily calmed down a bit and the nearly endless flow of Vendettas came down to a mere trickle. A quiet time, in Sicily. The perfect time, for a war.

Marie

Anthony Falcone reclined in his chair has he lazed in the Villa gardens on a warm Sicilian afternoon. Two of his Godfather’s men stood a little distance away, luparas casually slung across their shoulders dressed in village garb. Anthony himself wore a rough linen shirt, worn oak brown trousers coupled with a pair of dusty leather shoes and an old peaked golf cap. It had been a week since his Godfather the respected Don Tommasini De’Geraci, Don of Castellammare del Golfohad asked him to come, Don Tommasini was Anthony’s Godfather and Uncle. To Don Tommasini Anthony represented the hope of a scion, the son he never had and loved him accordingly, in secret Don Tommasini harbored the hope that one day Anthony would take over matters of the family from him and settle down in Trapani, Anthony however had other plans. From the beginning he had made it clear to his Godfather that although he adored him and respected him, he would never lead the De’Geraci family, for he wanted a thing of his own, not something handed to him on a silver platter. Anthony himself had been a part of organized crime in America most of his adult life, running crews and small jobs in Belmont before his association with D’Ambrosio and afterwards working in the Sgarbossa Clan and rising to the position of the Underboss of the Sgarbossa. After the great crackdown however, Anthony had been at a loss at what to do. Those he knew were either dead or had gone so far underground that not a trace remained to lead him to them. Anthony had tried returning to the Bronx, his former home. Only to find it overrun by Black Gangs. His own men had disappeared, he was in touch with only Mike and Frank Forreli, Ex Army gunmen, loyal to Anthony to the bone. The Forreli brothers worked for Don Tommasini now, small time clean up work. Anthony had sent them here when the heat had become to much to bear. Anthony had been about to start up a business in the Bronx when his Godfather literally ordered him to come to Sicily. So he had come, Don Tommasini had gone to Palermo, to discuss some business with the other Dons. Anthony had automatically assumed that his Godfather had called him on a matter of business, now it seemed this was meant to be a vacation rather than work. Not that he had any objections, Anthony had needed this break for a long time now. Finally free he relished every moment of it. And every moment he spent with Marie. Marie, the mere mention of her name brought a smile to his lips. Marie was the daughter of a local landlord, who had been more than pleased to make the acquaintance of his daughter with the Godson of Don Tommasini. The last four days he had spent mostly in her company, beautiful, sweet refreshing Marie. The girl had an imagination that could beat a ten year old’s hands down. Although she had been born in Sicily her father had raised her in France at a safe distance from the violence that had engulfed Sicily in that period. Marie had been brought up on a steady diet of popular pulp literature that romanticized the mafia. Separated from her home she always yearned to trace the history of her roots, a history that was washed in blood. Every Sicilian and Calabrian knew that there was nothing romantic about a bullet in you skull. Besides Anthony had been around too long and had seen to many bloodbaths(been the protagonist of many of them.) to harbor any illusion about what he did. He made money and fought his battles to maintain his respect, not in the eyes of others but in his own eyes.
With a start Anthony’s thoughts came racing back to the present. He checked his watch, it was almost time. Silently he rose up and picked up his brown tweed coat, feeling too warm to actually wear it. Without a word one of the two bodyguards went to get the car, while the other trailed behind Anthony. Moments later Pete drove out the Black Lincoln that his Godfather had allocated to him from the garage. Anthony got into the rear while Gino in the front. Pete moved the car out through the driveway, the guards at the Villa gates pushed open the massive iron gates and the black car sped on towards town. Anthony stared outside as the scenery of the country side passing by in a hurried blur. The green of the spring was spreading evrywhere. The drive from the Villa to the town took roughly twenty minutes. Castellammare Del Golfo was a medium sized town, the small coastal town’s major industry was fishing. But the Mafia had taken over even this place and founded an important hub for smuggling. The townspeople were reserved to outsiders, however being Don Tommasini’s Godson had accorded a kind of celebrity status upon Anthony. The car stopped in front of Marie’s house. Marie had been waiting outside with her sister. Upon seeing the car she hurriedly bid goodbye to her and got into the car beside Anthony. Today Anthony had promised to take her to the looming stone castle which had given this small fishing village it’s name, Golfo di Castellammare. Excited about the trip she went on and on about how she had read so much about this place and it’s great history. Anthony only smiled amused by her antics and energy. Reaching the place, the Lincoln pulled to a halt and wordlessly the four of them got down and walked the last few meters to the imposing castle.

The afternoon was blissful, after a long long time had Anthony felt so much peace and contentment. Gone was the restlessness that had occupied his days in America, no longer was he thirsting after power and fighting for respect. For those few precious hours, life…..was perfect. As the bronze Sicilian Sun dipped further down the horizon and the hours stretched on into the evening Anthony finally reluctantly made a move towards home. Pete and Gino his two bodyguards maintained a distant but strict vigil over their ward. Anthony and Marie walked back towards their Lincoln, with the two shadows of the veteran Sicilians following behind. Marie was very quiet by now for the time was not one of words, as with graceful subtlety she slipped her arm around his. A smile crept along Anthony’s lips. God! He felt like a kid all over again. The evening over. They drove back to town with little conversation. At her house he got out to bid her goodbye, and ever so gently she brushed her lips softly against his. An electric moment to climax the wonderful day he had spent in her company. Once she had parted Anthony sat through the rest of the journey through the town and to the villa quiet, in a daze.

What the hell is this? What has happened to me….am I falling in love with this girl?

A blaze of impossibilities brewed in his head. A delectable blend of what is, what was and what could be. Reaching the villa he found his Godfather’s car already parked. So Don Tommasini had returned from Palermo. When he entered the Villa, he saw Don De’Geraci seated comfortably by the fireplace flanked by his loyal capos and of all the people in the world…The Forreli brothers. Anthony snapped out his dreams like lightning. His Godfather had deliberately kept the Forreli brothers away from Anthony all this time, perhaps to give him time to relax but their presence here and now meant something was not right. His vacation it seemed had finally ended. On spotting him Don Tommasini gestured him to come and join the meeting. The Forrelis greeted Anthony with warm embraces, he was meeting them after a whole year, but catching up would be done later. There was no doubt that this was a famly meeting and the Forellis presence had been a delicate show of force to the Capos to legitimize Anthony being present in this meeting. The conversation was carried out entirely in Sicilian. Don Tommasini began first.

“Come Tony, sit down. Uhh…Al…get Tony a glass will ya.”

At this one the old Don’s capos promptly fetched Anthony a glass and filled it up with wine. Then he continued.

“As you know I have returned from Palermo. It was a meeting with the other Dons of the region. These meetings are mostly to take care of small business issues. Slight disagreements and such. But this time things have turned out differently. Don Santorio Riina, the Don of Alcamo has long been pushing for a foothold in my town, he wants to wet his beak in my business. Now there was a time when I was not worried about him. I had my allies behind me and he was nothing but one of those new hotshots. But things are different now, most of my friends are either dead or too weak to be of any real help, My own power shortens with each passing year. I have been lucky to not have fought a war for more than ten years now. But I am the last of a dying kind. Men like me no longer exist. And these new ones flock around Riina like flies. He is my neighbor and I wish to have peace in the last years of my life. So I made a compromise with him, he gets a piece of my business in return for protection from any enemies of mine, but I am afraid I may have made a mistake. For Al here tells me that Riina is not after me to wet his beak. He wants to take over Del Golfo entirely and wipe out the De’Geraci family name. Foolish of him, all because of those hotshot Americans who keep killing each other, that is who these young kids are trying to imitate. That is what has gotten into these young ones. I have called your attention to this not to call you into this mess, for try as I might now having given my word I cannot go to war with Riina, but to warn you. Be on your guard Tony. He knows that you are here and might think that you would wish to fight by my side. That is why I have brought back your old friends, with them you will be strong and Pete and Gino here too will be with you all the time. That is all, I am sure the three of you need a lot of catching up to do, so go ahead and take care.”

Anthony nodded, this meant in clear terms that the meeting was over for him and the Forrelis, Don Tommasini’s Capos were visibly relieved to see this. Anthony and his old associates rose and went outside. Pete and Gino of course followed. Outside in the garden the three men talked in a more relaxed manner, they talked about a variety of things for a long time. How the Forrelis had been, what they had been up to the usual…in turn they had been surprised to find out that Anthony had simply lain low since the Sgarbossa collapse. It had been a long time but to Anthony after a long time he was once more no longer on his own. The Forellis had been indispensable in Belmont and in L.A and now they were back where they belonged. By his side. It was finally Frank who brought the conversation back to business.
“Hey Tony, you think this Riina guy will be much trouble. I mean the old man seemed pretty shook up.”

Anthony nodded.

”There was something else to all of this, but you are right it is best to be prepared. Well you two have been here a while. If we are going to stay covered then we need some good machinery to back us up, all my old stuff is probably locked in some police locker in L.A, so tell me what you got.”

This time Mike spoke up.

“Not a problem, there is this local merchant that runs guns around here lives off by himself in a small villa about fifteen kilometers down towards Scopello, he keeps caches down in his house, we’ve been to the place. Nothing too great but it should do.”
“Security?”
“Hardly any, his own sons with rusty luparas.”

Anthony smiled.

“Well in that case lets go pay our friend a visit.”

It had been almost too damned hard to convince Pete to give him the car, and nearly impossible to get him to let the three of them out alone at this time of the night. But Anthony had finally done it, the last thing he needed was his Godfather to find out that he had been stealing in his turf. The fifteen mile journey took about forty five minutes, Mike who was driving stopped the car some five hundred meters before the house of the merchant. Then the three of them quickly slipped out and stealthily stole around to the manor’s back. The wall was not high, after all in Don De’Geraci’s territory theft was the last thing anyone had to worry about. Mike boosted Anthony over it who once on top of the wall pulled up Mike and Frank one after the other, then careful not to make nay noise the three jumped down into the villa garden, it was a nice enough place. Small, cozy yet comfortable, the tough clay walls typical of the common architecture found in this region stood gaunt and strong, there was no sign of activity from within. Frank decided to stand guard while Mike and Anthony stole on towards the basement door. Mike had brought along a crowbar from the car, he wrapped a cloth around it and then pushed it in the door gap, gently increasing the pressure the door resisted at first but then it gave a little the cloth covering avoided the scraping sound which would have been otherwise caused, once the bar was wedged in Mike breathed a sigh of relief. The hard part was over. Slowly and carefully Mike edged the bar upwards until it was nearly touching the latch which bolted the door. Then after a quick prayer, he gave it a powerful and quick jerk pushing on the bar thereby forcing the other end to push out the latch, now under ordinary circumstances they could have simply ripped the wood out but that would make enough noise to wake up the whole household. The consequence of the cloaked bar and the quick jerk on the latch was that due to the pressure the latch simply slipped out of it’s glove and the door swung open with only a muffled rap instead of a splitting roar. Mike grinned in the moonless night and Anthony grinned back, turning towards frank he gave the thumbs up, Frank nodded and Anthony and Mike stole inside.

Down in the basement was a storehouse of weapons, small boxes full off automatic pistols and luparas. He recognized the pistols immediately as colts, Anthony hoarded the luparas and the colts into a bag that he had brought along, he also dumped in it the spare clips and shells that were lying there. They were about to leave when a gleaming knife blade caught Anthony’s eye, he grabbed it and put it in its sheath which was lying next to it and stuffed it in his coat. Then Mike and Anthony quietly stole back out into the night. Frank who had been out on the watch saw them and signaled them to hurry. The three of them then swiftly jumped back over the wall and after five minutes were speeding back to the villa. The guns were distributed equally each keeping one of each. Anthony dropped both of them off at their house and drove back to the Villa, he hid the weapons in the car to as he knew that Pete would still be up waiting for him to return and indeed he was awake and waiting in the courtyard, only when he saw him did he finally leave for his quarters. Alone now Anthony stole the guns out from the car and concealed them in his closet in his room. The night’s work done Anthony fell asleep smiling, thinking of his excursions made tonight.

The next day had arisen with the promise of more time in the company of Marie. A fact the he truly looked forward too. He had planned to meet up with her at a nice quaint little restaurant that was owned by a local friend of the family, he had gotten up early and went downstairs to the breakfast table all dressed up and ready to go. His Godfather had smiled knowingly then had struck up a conversation as to how a local merchant had been robbed last night and how these days no one respected those of his time and age. Anthony only smiled and reassured him that he was still the Don to the De’Geraci Family. After the breakfast flanked once more by Pete and Gino Anthony drove down to town picked up Marie, who was looking as beautiful as ever and headed over to Vittorio’s pizzeria. The joint was small comfortable and cozy. There the two of them sat and chatted idly about their respective pasts and futures, she playfully asked about his past life back in the states.

“Anthony, my brother tells me that you were one of those…um….yes gangsters in America.”

Anthony smiled, Marie’s brother was a minor Don of Scopello, a fishing village a few miles off del Golfo, he had recently come into this fortune and things were not good for him as Riina had been breathing down his neck rather hard, his business was suffering and a few days back he had confessed to Don De’Geraci that if things did not look up soon he would take those men loyal to him and head to America. Anthony had liked the fellow back then, now he responded with a smile and a slight nod.

“Gangster, now that is such a derogatory term, I was no Gangster. I was a businessman, I did business in America you know….stuff like movie studios and stuff like that but that was when I was in Los Angeles, in Belmont. Well there I simply looked out for the good of those who lived there.”
Marie smiled knowlingly.

”Like my brother? Or better yet like your Godfather?”

In response all Anthony could do was lean back into his chair and light up a cigarette. Marie knew that she had probably crossed some unknown line, she excused her self to freshen up and went inside. Anthony took in a deep drag and softly exhaled the bluish smoke enveloping his form, a mist in which Anthony saw his whole life reflected back at him. The early days in Belmont, with Andy by his side, the two of them and their faithful friends, taking on one gang after the other. Those fistfights that slowly escalated into gang brawls. His first kill, as he and Andy grew up from street punks to wiseguys who ran the small operations in Belmont. Then the death of old Lorenzo Solleri and Andy’s departure. Anthony sighed, it all seemed so long ago another era of it’s own. He remembered Andy’s jubilant return and how they had begun work for D’Ambrosio…and then to the death of his beloved friend and the destruction of D’Ambrosio. Anthony sighed and took in another silent puff of the cigarette. Then had come the time of relative peace and prosperity as he had vanquished one opponent after the other and risen to the position of Underboss in the Sgarbossa caln. But even that had eventually collapsed and now here he sat in Trapani, in the company of a beautiful girl who he thought he loved but to whom he would never be able to share the most integral part of his life. His past.
Through the bluish haze a corner of Anthony’s mind had noticed something out of the ordinary, but absorbed in his reminiscence as he was he paid no heed to the observation, until now. Two men had been standing across the street staring at Anthony for quite a while, and now that Anthony for a few moments had been truly alone, for Pete had been gone for some time to buy fruits for himself and Gino had nodded off sitting a few tables behind Anthony, they had advanced purposefully towards him their hands slipping into their inner jacket pockets. As they drew closer Anthony’s mind having been on the other end of so many of these hits finally realized the threat for what it was and snapped out of it’s reverie. With a shout to Gino Anthony dove for the floor, but he was too late they had already drawn their weapons, automatic pistols. Time did indeed slow, as he had heard so many times before, he felt every second stretch for an eternity, he heard his heart pound in his chest. Gino had woken up and was fumbling with his lupara but he too would be too late, one of the two already had him in his sights. Gunfire erupted as one of them shot Gino five times. Gino fell back, a limp bleeding form lying prostate on the floor. The two turned now on him and then the unthinkable happened, Marie had just walked in between Anthony and the shooters…surprise playing plainly on her face, she had been emerging when the shooters had killed Gino but the gunshots coupled with her own compelling concern for Anthony’s safety had led her on in a state of shock and now she stood between the shooters and the target. The killers didn’t stop, they couldn’t have even had they tried. Even to Anthony it had seemed that Marie had simply appeared out of thin air, and as he started at her delicate figure the nightmare began, a gunshot echoed out, and a spray of red erupted from her back. It was followed by a volley of shots and Marie, his delicate Marie spun like a dancer by the force of the bullets impact on her, to Anthony’s disbelieving eyes everything appeared as if happening under water, the movements slow and unreal, he saw the holes erupt in her lithe form, he saw her delicate features contort and twist in pain and agony as hot lead blasted through her body, he saw her fall like the gentle fall of the cherry blossom and lie finally still bathed in a pool of crimson, a pool of her own blood.

The two gunmen started in stunned horror at what they had done, and then again the unexpected occurred, a shot louder than anything Anthony had heard before roared through the now abandoned street and one of the gunmen had his entire shoulder blown clean off, the assassin was thrown a good three feet by the close impact and lay screaming on the bloodied street, the other took off without a second glance and escaped a bloody death, Anthony turned and he saw Pete his features twisted by rage and hate his smoking lupara held steady in his hands, he walked upto the injured assassin cursing loudly in Sicilian pressed the lupara’s hot barrel to his chest and squeezed the trigger, the blast ripped the chest apart. But Anthony saw none of that. All he saw was Marie, his Marie lying on the street in a pool of her own blood. He crawled towards her form and kissed her forehead tears streamed down his cheeks, he held her hands and felt her flesh grow slowly cold, as all signs of life departed from her body and all that remained was a shell of what had once been the love of his life. Yet he could not bare to leave her like this. Until Pete literally pulled him away from the corpse shoved him inside the car and sped off back towards the villa, leaving forever behind the greatest peace and happiness Anthony Falcone had ever known.

It was the biggest mess the sleepy town of Castellammare del Golfo had seen in a long while. And that evening Don Tommasini De’Geraci had his hands full. Marie’s father had been in the Villa since he had been given the news crying over and over, the local carbinieri chief was trying his best to cover up the incident and avoid any further embarrassment for the Don, Anthony had locked himself in his room refusing all contact and to top it all off Marie’s brother the young Don Marcus Santini of Scopolla had now come to Don De’Geraci demanding justice with payment in Riina’s blood. Don Tommasini himself had been furious when he had heard of the attack but he knew that he could do nothing, the Don had made it clear that Anthony was not under his protection and was a free man so an attack on him was not and attack on the De’Geraci family, which meant that the old Don was still oath bound not to attack. Dismayed by the turn of events and his own helplessness he tried hard to placate Marcus.

“Marcus you must understand, I am bound by my oath to the others. As much as it breaks my heart to see this I cannot help you.”
“Then give me the support of your men and I shall lead them as I butcher that murdering bastard Riina, it is your responsibility too Don Tommasini, my sister was with you Godson when this happened. It is his responsibility too.”

“I know.”

Anthony stood like a statue atop the staircase, silence descended in the crowded living room as all those present turned to look at his figure, Anthony turned towards Marcus and spoke in a halting whisper, switching from English to Sicilian.

”I know, and you need not worry. Riina is a dead man, he just doesn’t know it yet. Before I leave this place I will destroy that man, it is over for him. Finished.”

With that he turned to walk off but Marcus spoke.

“If you do that for me, then I shall forever be in your debt, from that day onwards me and those men loyal to me will become your men, we will fight for you we will die for you. But if you are lying today and you run away like a coward then I shall hunt you down and kill you like a dog.”

At this Al rose to confront Marcus for his rudeness but Don Tommasini stopped him, he knew that the man was not in his senses and at the moment there could be no reasoning with him, Anthony turned and made for his room. As parting words he simply spoke.

“Not for you……not for you. For her.”

Marcus in turn left the villa with his bodyguards. Don Tommasini resumed his talk with the other men in the room. But for Anthony then night had not ended after all a war had just begun.

Alcamo

It had been five days since Marie’s death, Anthony had not gone to her funeral, almost everyone who knew him in town had feared that Don De’Geraci had probably sent him back to America, everyone had heard of the exchange between Marcus Santini and Anthony Falcone and they now feared Satini’s retribution. Santini however had been perfectly calm and composed and kept on repeating that Anthony had not run away.At the moment Anthony sat in a rusted Cadillac, a cheap rental Mike had arranged for them, He Mike and Frank had got together and fleshed out a plan to take on Don Santorio Riina of Alcamo. Frank, Mike and Anthony had each shadowed the man for these past five days separately and discretely during the night they would extort, bribe or persuade the general street wise men in the cities of the region to divulge as much information about Riina as was possible, quietly and surely complete image of Riina had formed in Anthony’s mind.

Santorio Riina was not like the crusty Dons of old who gave so much importance to honor and values of tradition, he was a man who believed firmly in the power of money. He ran a tight outfit. He had an Import/Export business with an office in New York. Using that as a front he got a never ending supply of weapons for his men, the business also paid very well so Riina used to money to run his operation here in Alcamo, this made him richer and the other new Dons followed every word he said. The entire power nexus in Sicily was shifting toward his direction, the remaining old Dons hated his guts but lacked the sufficient power to wipe him out, and a war between two factions would only be bad for the business so nothing had been done to check him.
After days of turning up with dead ends Mike had finally got a breakthrough. Anthony was now waiting for Mike to show up. It was crazy, Anthony was out here in Alcamo bang in Riina’s turf and he had no clue about it, that is how much of a low profile the three had maintained. Mike finally emerged from an alley and walked briskly towards the car, getting in he only nodded. Anthony without a word drove off. The three had made their base in a old abandoned cottage a few miles outside Alcamo. Driving down to the place Anthony and mike entered to find Frank calmly sitting there with a man tied down to a chair and gagged up. Anthony looked questioningly towards Frank who only shrugged and pointed towards mike. Mike after a pause spoke up.

“This man is the drinking partner of Riina’s lawyer’s nephew. I picked up this lead that Riina and his lawyer are really close, some kinda job he does for Riina every month but no one would tell any thing further. Then I found out that this kid and the lawyer’s nephew used to get drunk together pretty often. Apparently this nephew once blurted out that Riina meets his uncle every month in private. This I have just confirmed. I had told Frank to pick him up earlier.”

Anthony nodded, he went over to the table where lay the luparas lay that they had snitched earlier, Anthony lifted one then casually walked upto the kid, yanking off the gag he shoved the barrel in his mouth, the kid began to squirm as the cold metal went into his mouth, his eyes widened and he began to whimper.

Then Anthony whispered in fluent Sicilian.

”I will say this only once, you understand when I remove this barrel if you don’t tell me what I want to hear then I will shove it back down your throat and blast your head into tiny pieces. Now…..what did Rigga’s lawyer’s nephew tell you about his uncle and Riiga’s private meetings. You got that on three, one……two…….Three!”

Anthony pulled out the barrel, and the kid sang like a canary.

Turns out Riiga handed over a hefty wad of cash to his lawyer every month. The lawyer in turn took that cash with him to the States, there the cash went to Riiga’s suppliers who delivered the guns he needed, the Guns were then shipped back to Alcamo and Riiga then sold them off here at double the value, the kid also told them that the lawyer was gonna meet Riiga three days from now, but he wasn’t sure. Riiga was apparently hosting a big party the day after. The lawyer would be there and this would be the perfect opportunity to make sure, there was no room for error in this if they missed it then they would have to wait for a month for their next chance.

Anthony talked over his plan with Frank and Mike, the kid they decided to keep until the plan had been executed.

The Grand Ball

The gala dinner and ball hosted by Don Santorio Riiga was the talk of the town in Alcamo, everyone who was anyone was invited not surprisingly the kid who was buddies to the lawyers son got one too, which was what now was going to act as Anthony’s key to Riiga’s manor. And ultimately…..his death. The evening of the dinner and Anthony was dressed sharply in a black suit. Frank had dropped him off he handed over the invitation card to the guard at the gate who glanced it and nodded , another guard frisked Anthony and then let him through, the manor was big and impressive, Anthony had heard that Riiga owned another one in Palermo just as big. Walking inside Anthony gradually absorbed the warm atmosphere of the place, the sights and sounds of the interior washed over him as he mingled in the crowd.

The evening lasted long as he affably chatted away with the other guests finally one of the guests introduced him to Lucas Hoffman, Riiga’s lawyer. Anthony talked with him for a long while, chatted up with his wife then when the moment was right he made the test.

”Speaking of legalities I have some serious legal matters I need to take major advice on, ya think you can help me out.”

Hoffman chucled.

“Of course I can help ya out, but you gotta pay the fees ok.”

Anthony laughed and nodded.

“Sure, so….is tomorrow good for you.”
“Uhhh….No tomorrow I cant I got a meeting I cant miss.”

Anthony nodded and told him he understood maybe later, before he could excuse himself Mrs. Hoffman invited him over for dinner the day after tomorrow, Anthony gratefully accepted and jotted down the address. Afterwards he quietly slipped out of Riiga’s party, and his den.

The Hoffmans, 8:00 am

He knocked sharply on the oak door, from inside the grumpy voices of lucas hoffman drew closer as he came to open the door. The door opened and Lucas’s jaw dropped. In front of him stood Anthony Falcone, Mike Forreli and Frank Forelli holding luparas pointed at Lucas’s belly. Stuttering he withdrew as the three of them entered Frank who was the last to enter slowly eased the door shut.

“Mr. Hoffman how nice to see you again so soon, now you will hear what I have to say and then you will do exactly as I tell you or my friend over here will do really bad things to Mrs. Hoffman, and I……..I will do really really bad things to you. Capische.”

The time was 2:00 in the afternoon, on an abandoned dusty road a lone car stood. Waiting, watching. A distant dust cloud on the horizon began to draw closer, it turned out to be a car driven by one man. The car drew close and Santorio Riiga, a handsome confident man in his thirties dressed in casuals stepped out with a briefcase. The door of the other car opened on cue and Riiga got in.

“Lucas I have to get in touch with those damned…………Who are you?”

without a word Anthony slammed the butt of the lupara into Riiga’s head, he was stunned meanwhile Mike walked out from behind a tree and pulling open the door yanked Riiga out and dragged him into the dusty street. Anthony got out his lupara in one hand and the deadly knife gleaming in the other. He sat on Riiga, drew close to his ear and whispered.

“This is for Marie, you dumb fuck.”

Riiga’s eyes widened as he plunged the blade into his chest above his heart, Anthony then brutally ripped the knife downwards cutting through his flesh and opening up his chest, Riiga spurted out blood, Anthony would not stop, finally the knife blade gave and broke with a snap. Shaking with anger Anthony left the blade buried in his chest then shoved the lupara down Riiga’s half open mouth and smiling a cruel smile squeezed the trigger, the shot ripped Riiga’s head apart, there was nothing left from the head up. Anthony rose covered in bits of flesh bone and bathed in blood. He laughed, never before had he given himself over so completely to hatred, never had he experienced such a rage, never before had he killed a man, solely for the pleasure of it. Caked in blood Anthony got into the car looked at Lucas smiled and said.

“Now Mr. Hoffman, I believe we have some business to conclude. So lets us return home to Mrs Hoffman and my friend.

Mike wordlessly got in the car and drove off.

Evening in Alcamo

Santorio Riiga had only one other signatory over his property and financial statements, Lucas Hoffman. In event of his death his will would have been activated. A will who’s existence was known to only one man, Lucas Hoffman. After destroying the will Lucas had gotten down to creating the papers nessecary for transfer of ownership of Riiga’s villa in Palermo along with all the men employed there and Alcamo Import Export Co., the villa in Alcamo he had transferred to his Godfather Don De’Geraci. After the final signatures Lucas had gone ahead and informed the caretaker of the villa in Palermo and the manager of the import export co. in Brooklyn about the change in ownership. Once that was done there only remained the matter of transfer of the money Riiga had maintained in his accounts over to Anthony’s control, but that would take more time. Anthony had nodded and accepted that after all he had Riiga’s cash that he was going to gibe to Hoffman with him. All five hundred thousand dollars of it, after his initial reservation Lucas Hoffman was pretty pleased to work for Anthony Falcone, in return he would get to live where he had thought his death certain and would continue on his current position of privilege since Don De’Geraci would move into Alcamo. Thus did the eventful day in Alcamo end, and the nexus of power in Trapani was forever changed.

Aftermath/Epilouge

On return to Don De’Geraci Anthony was treated as a long lost hero. Even Pete treated him with admiration in his eyes. Anthony had told Mike to dump the guns, they were no longer needed and it would only be a burden taking them to America. Marcus came soon after and swore undying fealty to Anthony both for himself and his immediate crew. Marcus had maintained a close group of highly trained men around him who were faithful to the bone. Marcus and his men were going to follow Anthony to America and work for him there. Anthony accepted him as a loyal brother and gave him instructions to reach him in America. The rest of Marcus’s men and his capos joined Don De’Geraci and Scopello also was to come under the old Don’s influence. Afterwards the other Dons had protested over and over, but now that Don De’Geraci was reinforced with Marcus’s men and Riiga was dead they too eventually played ball.

Anthony’s trip in Sicily had however ended, Don Tommasini had quietly hinted that staying here for now would be a little too bold. Anthony on his part had no aversions to this it was time he returned to his life once more. The life he had chosen.

Anthony stood in front of the pizzeria. Quiet and brooding while Pete waited in the car with Mike and Frank, he looked up and in front his eyes flashed the people he had known in this short time in Sicily, people who had given their lives for him, Gino…..and Marie. Marie his beautiful Marie, the one woman he had truly loved, the one woman who he could never be with, Anthony Falcone turned and walked silently back towards the car, Pete started the engine, the next stop was the airport. But unseen by the others a silent tear slipped down his cheek and stayed back here in Sicily to be forever with his Marie, and her memories.

Goodbye.

Requesting:

NPC’s

Mike Forreli Class ‘A’ Gunman
Frank Forreli Class ‘A’ Gunman
Marcus Santini Class ‘A’ Boss
~Santini’s Crew~
Gunmen Class ‘A’ x 5
Thugs Class ‘A’ x 6
Bodyguards Class ‘A’ x 4

Deaths
Santorio Riiga

Weapons
None.

Property
Villa in Palermo with NPCs

Business
Alcamo Import Export Co. along with NPCs

Cash
500,000$ from the briefcase.

Misc.
Your enjoyment.
Critique. This is a must I need feedback for my posts, helps me improve.

Side notes:
Zilch.

Capo Bastone - The Lucchese Crime Family

"You hit us, we wipe you out. Fair trade. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:07 am 
Expert
Expert

Me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:52 am 
Expert
Expert

Wow... Anthony. Blood was everywhere.
I had to take a lot of time, reading this piece because all the words on the first few paragraphs were jammed up and there were very complicated sentences I had to chop up little by little so I would get what you really mean. It was a good plan, this piece- but it would have been a lot easier to read if you've wrote in a much more comfortable manner. I can't exactly point out the problem sentences I'm referring to, because that would mean running through the piece all over again- but I could say that next time, tone down your sentences a bit more.
I could not really blame you, since this piece was really jampacked with emotions and heavy personal stuff about your character. You've actually projected more than half of Anthony's personality although it would have been lovely if you've snucked in a few more quirks to make him look less... erm... stone-hearted/emo-vengeful (or is that his real charateristic?). Very pretty story.

I'm approving everything, although you have to hit me back as soon as possible regarding the business and estate NPCs. I'm toning down the cash to two hundred thousand though if you want me to provide for the NPCs by my word. I'll send you the cash now, but if you dont' manage to send me the NPC list within the next twenty-four hours, I'll be handing out the additonal three hundred thousand without approving any estate/business NPCs and will leave it up to you to purchase the NPCs yourself. After all, there was no specification in that will that these establishments come with appropriate manpower. About Santini's crew- you're getting all three gunmen, all the bodyguards, and four thugs. If you want to smooth this out, hit me back.
Your call.

It was a nice piece. You've managed to balance everything in there and it really worked for your acquisition of the things in your requests. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]