[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Russian Orthodox Church

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Russian Orthodox Church
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:24 pm 
Professional
Professional

Russian Orthodox Church

The Russian Orthodox Church traces its roots to the Baptism of Kiev in 1988, when Prince Vladimir I officially adopted the religion of the Byzantine Empire as the state religion of the Rus' state. Thus, in 1988, the Russian Orthodox Church celebrated its millennial anniversary. It therefore traces its apostolic succession through the Patriarch of Constantinople.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:54 am 
DEAD
DEAD

OOC: Brandie, next time you want to write the history of the Orthodox faith, don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:59 am 
DEAD
DEAD

OOC: For starters, the Baptism of Kiev was in 988, not 1988. Second, the Baptism of Kiev was for... get this.. Kiev! Kiev is in Ukraine! It would be more appropriate for it to be Ukrainian Orthodox who were baptised then. Finally, it was the Kievan Rus, a Viking tribe, who converted from Paganism. It wasn't the founding of the damned Orthodox faith in Russia, or even Ukraine for that matter. It was the conversion of a few Vikings in Ukraine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:10 am 
Professional
Professional

I copied and pasted. Didnt even really read it. :cry: Someone type me up something :lol: I'll even pay you for doing it. Hows that. :lol:

What is life if there is no love and desire?
If I had my way for the world to end in fire or ice,
It seems that ice would be the compromise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:54 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Take: "Moscow... what the hell am I doing in Moscow..."

Takeshi said to himself, as he walked down the narrow crowded sidewalk trying to find the chruch. The weather wasn't too bad, just a little chilly, which wasn't enough to keep the streets deserted. He lowered his head, looking down on his own feet... what was he doing here? Vacation? He didn't even know.

The ancient white building was more magnificent the closer Takeshi got to it. Gold tops, pearly white walls... the church almost looked like one of those castles in a fairy tale.

*Tock, tock, tock* Echoing footsteps made Takeshi even more weary of his own confusion. He looked around the interior of the church, which to his surprise was empty... What were those people doing out there? But on the other had, the church was an amazing scene, rows and rows of wooden benches which lined half of the interior... and chipped paintings cover the whole area.... even the ceiling. For some unknown reason... this place had a luring call to Takeshi... he lowered his head once more and took a seat in the middle of a bench.

Assassin - Hit Squad
The Killmunati Syndicate

"I'm called 'The Returner' because I return people to where they belong... Hell..."
-Takeshi Yokokura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:13 am 
Advanced
Advanced

One of the doors to the church opened, letting in a blast of frosty air and a young woman who seemed to be in a rush. The door closed behind her with a click, and she looked left and right with a searching gaze filled with intelligence. Smiling ever so slightly, she reached up and brushed a hand through her hair, fingers teasing the thick locks into something more acceptable.
The smile on her face was inexplicable - a little crazy, and seeming from another world - the cold, dark inside of the church was no reason to show joy, and yet that was the emotion she displayed. Strange. Perhaps she was highly religious? One would have to know her to find out, and not many people had achieved that thus far.

She walked on, booted heels clicking down on the marble floor beneath her slight form. She was wearing a woollen jacket, black and form fitting, undearneath a tailored white business suit and a black cotton shirt that contrasted in an unusual way with the suit. She was an unusual woman, after all.
Her steps took her to the front of the church, and her knees took her downwards to a supplicant position, bowing before someone who had always been one step of her, one of the only people who'd managed that so far - God. And then, her head lifted once more as she heard a rustle in the back of the church.
Eyes scanning the depths, she noted the man in the middle of the pew and slowly rose to her feet once more, eyes on him. She felt like she knew him from somewhere - had somehow seen his face before ... but wasn't that the way with all Asians? Then again, she never forgot a face. Her eyes narrowed ... she had no weapons, but the cross on the altar was sharp enough if she needed protection ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:23 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Just as he was almost able to settle down, someone opened the eight feet double doors of the ancient building. Ignoring the cold breeze that has just whistled by his ears, he closed his eyes slowly and went back into his own mind...

The church was a very quiet place to think in... no running kids, screaming moms... or even chattering teens... this was THE place to be in right now... for him at least.

*Tock, tock, tock* He let out a little sigh and raised his chin to see who was walking towards him...

Its... its... her?

Assassin - Hit Squad
The Killmunati Syndicate

"I'm called 'The Returner' because I return people to where they belong... Hell..."
-Takeshi Yokokura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:31 am 
Advanced
Advanced

She neared him, footsteps slowing and her gaze narrowing as she scrutinized him even more. The weapon was now far behind her - she couldn't reach it from here, but she could hope she had superior strength. Arcadia was certain that this was the man; this was the one who'd abandoned her in favour of running free to some other part of the world ... where, she'd never found out. But just by chance, she'd stumbled upon him again. Takeshi Yokokura.

You left me for dead in the middle of fucking Cuba.

The words came out in a venomous hiss, as she looked at him, an unforgiving gaze fixed on her features.

And now you look at me like you don't know me. It won't work, Yokokura. It would never work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:45 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Takeshi: "Ar... Arcadia?!"

He rose up from the bench, dashed towards Arcadia and hugged her... His lost partner... Fearing that Arcadia would break his arm or something of that sort, he let go of her quickly and backed away.

She also took a step backwards and cocked up an eyebrow at what he just did. Confused about what had just happened, she tried to speak again... But this time he spoke first...

Takeshi: "What are you talking about?! You left that note on my bed... telling me to go to Moscow and wait for you here! I've waited for you for three months! Three damn months! I thought you were dead!"

He inhaled a deep breath and took a seat after the outburst... hoping that she could clear things up...

Assassin - Hit Squad
The Killmunati Syndicate

-Takeshi Yokokura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:52 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Arcadia shook her head - her memory had returned to her completely, hadn't it? She was almost 100% sure that the things she remembered from Cuba were complete. But she could never be sure; not after the massive head trauma she'd suffered.

I left you no note. I don't remember leaving you a note. It can't have been me. I expected you to find me, after I didn't turn up ... everything was so ... it can't ...

The young woman was confused and frightened, slowly sinking to the bench where she set her head in her hands, her voice becoming somewhat muffled by the curtain of hair that swished in between her and the rest of the world.

I almost died, Takeshi ... and you weren't there ... you never turned up, and then I couldn't find you ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:21 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

He felt really guilty and mad at himself at the same time... why did he burst out like that? She almost died! He let out another long sigh, and held her up gently by her soft and narrow shoulders...

This time he hugged her firmly, placing her chin on his collar bone... Even though she was on the verge of crying, he didn't want this moment to end... he missed her too much...

Takeshi slit his nose into her glossy black hair and inhaled slowly...

Takeshi: "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

His words seemed to comfort her little... as her muffled breath started to sound like the summer breeze once again... He lifted her shoulders slightly off of his chest and brought her angelic features about 3 inches from his own face... Staring into her crystal-clear brown eyes, he moved his lips closer to hers until their lips met...

After the gentle meeting of their lips, he felt his own heart beating faster and faster... but strangely her heart was beating more rhythmically. Sensing that she had calmed down, he leaned back slightly and spoke with a soft voice again.

Takeshi: "If you still can... tell me exactly what happend back there... I don't think we knew what was really going on..."

Assassin - Hit Squad
The Killmunati Syndicate

-Takeshi Yokokura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:42 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Her breathing slowly returned to normal, tear ebbing away into nothing-ness as she leaned her head against Take's shoulder, glad of the strength she could feel, both emotional and physical. He would've protected her if he'd known where she'd been ... she couldn't help what had happened. Perhaps he could help her piece together the story a little ...

I took the job in Cuba - it must've been after you left, if you didn't know where I was these last months ...

She took a deep breath, composed herself and continued on, turning her head to the side so that she was no longer speaking into Takeshi's chest, but away, so that he could hear her with a little more clarity.

I got there, got the information I needed, and then I remember going to this office building. I think they were expecting me; I was knocked around, threatened, the usual ...

Memories sped her back in time and she frowned a little, analysing what she could've done better as she explained her attempted escape.

They left me alone for a couple of minutes - the idiots hadn't searched me beforehand, and they'd left me with a switchblade taped to the back of my calf muscle. I managed to stretch the rope enough so that I could grab it and saw off some ropes. When I'd done that, I went for the window ... unfortunately I was about 4 floors up. But there was a ledge, so I climbed out ... right when they were walking back in the door. One of them drew a gun, the other one a knife ... the bullet winged my head and I fell onto the glass roof about 3 storeys below ... from there, I know nothing. And even bits before that are shaky ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:03 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Take lowered his head and placed his forehead on hers... He felt like he had let her down, why did he get into danger like that?!

Take: "But I'm glad you're fine now... one more thing... who wrote the note? No one else had my room key but you... On that day, you left my room in the morning saying you will be back later at night... I fell asleep waiting for you and the note was the first I saw when I woke up the next day..."

He never moved when he questioned himself and her as to what happened that day... This is very strange...

Assassin - Hit Squad
The Killmunati Syndicate

-Takeshi Yokokura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:09 am 
Advanced
Advanced

I don't know who left the note ...

An ashamed whisper emerged from Arcadia's mouth - ashamed of not knowing, of having a weakness that could possibly be exploited by somebody if they knew things she didn't - followed by a soft sigh as she closed her eyes, slowly extracting herself from Takeshi and resting her head in her hands once more.

I just wish I remembered more, you know? There's so much missing, so much that I want to fill in, but I can't ... maybe it was someone else who left the note, or maybe it was me but I can't remember. I'm sorry I can't answer you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:30 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

He slowly moved his view down on to her feet... she indeed has very beautiful feet... tanned, smooth and radiate... Why was he thinking of her feet when there are more important things to solve?!

Take: "That morning... I remember finishing a job for Mr. Vex... do you remember him? The person where we only heard his voice... the closest we got to him... is outside his office door..."

Assassin - Hit Squad
The Killmunati Syndicate

-Takeshi Yokokura

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next