M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:37 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Arcadia grinned, shaking her head a little and casting her eyes downwards, to her half eaten lunch. She hadn't been particularly hungry before, and she still wasn't now.

I just finished lunch, but if it's breakfast you want - sure. I know a place that makes the best pancakes. It's not too far from here.

She crumpled the remains of her sandwich into a ball of rubbish, then threw it easily at the garbage can, getting it in with the grace of a professional basketball player.

I'll shout.

She stood, brushing herself off and shedding the grass clippings as she did so. She smiled easily at Vincent Neri, waiting for him to stand.

Shall we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Vincent slowly made his way to his feet. Grunting as he stood up, popping his back. He shook his head and said, "Naw, I got it covered. Lead the way."

He smiled as he brushed the grass away and got ready to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:42 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Alright.

With a slight grin set on her face, the young woman began walking towards the far side of the park, headed to a small cafe that she knew and liked, where - as she had said before - they made the best pancakes she knew of.

So, if you don't come from Jersey, where do you come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:45 am 
Beginner
Beginner

"I'm from California." he said. "What about you?" he asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:47 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Geneva, Switzerland.

She paused slightly, waiting for a car to speed by before she darted across the street, using a lull in traffic to her advantage.

My father was Italian, if you were wondering about the last name.

She looked at him searchingly, as if trying to tell where his parents came from through just one glance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Vincent nodded. "Yes I was curious about that. Didn't want to pry though. I'm full blooded. My parents were born here though. They're grandparents came in through Elis Island." he said.

He followed her across the street, trying to avoid traffic. This girl had some fire in her if she was willing to go head to head with the New Jersey traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:55 am 
Advanced
Advanced

I'm only a half blood. But at least it's through my father's side.

She said it as thought it mattered to her, as if she was aware of the Mafia in this world and the way it worked. As if she could be a member of it - if she wanted to be.

You coming?

She looked back, grinning at Vincent, who was still a little preoccupied with the New Jersey traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:58 am 
Beginner
Beginner

The now defensive lineman stance that Vincent had taken as he charged across the street behind Aracdia relaxed as they reached the sidewalks again. "Oh I'm fine. Just...damn traffic." he said panting with his hands on the top of his head.

He dropped his arms to his side and grinned. "I hope that cafe has the best water that you have ever had too." he said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:00 am 
Advanced
Advanced

You don't play games with traffic,

The young woman laughed, and took up her pace down the street once more, going slow for the benefit of the young man she accompanied, grinning slightly as she went.

Don't worry. They have water.

Reaching the cafe, she held open the door for him, questioning him as he went inside before her.

So, what do you do for a living?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:06 am 
Beginner
Beginner

"I'm actually looking for work right now. I was in...sales." he said nodding. He grinned as he began to lead the way to the back of the cafe, and sat where he could keep an eye on the door. He pulled Arcadia's chair out for her and seated her, and then took his seat. "What about you?" he asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:09 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Security.

She smiled ever so slightly. Two could play at this game - she didn't exactly believe his 'sales' answer, but it would do for the moment. She flipped over the menu on the table in front of her and perused it a little, casting her eyes over the words below.

You're awfully cautious for someone in sales ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:11 am 
Beginner
Beginner

"And you're awefully curious for someone in security. You sound more like a cop." he said winking at her. He looked through the menu to see what kind of trouble he could get his stomach into. He looked up at Arcadia to see if his response had coaxed a smile. Or perhaps he wasn't nearly as cute as he thought he was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:13 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Your simple, run of the mill cop?

Arcadia raised an eyebrow, the smallest of smiles present on her face and a knowing look in her eyes as she looked up from the menu, watching Vincent for a few seconds.

You insult me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:17 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Vincent laughed. "Well, considering you're not from this country, but still in law enforcment, I would peg you as a fed. You just have a intelligent look about you. Far to intelligent to be a "run of the mill" cop." he said.

He almost choked when he realized he said "Fed" instead of "Federal Agent". He still sounded like a criminal. He wasn't sure if she would notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:22 am 
Advanced
Advanced

A Fed, huh? Well, you may or may not be right.

She smiled easily this time round, before turning to the waitress and ordering a half plate of pancakes with maple syrup. The young waitress turned to Vincent and Arcadia left a gap in the conversation before she spoke once more.

One would almost peg you as a criminal. But then you look too intelligent to be just a criminal. Perhaps part of the Mafia? ... But then again, what do I know?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next