[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Dear Roleplayers.

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dear Roleplayers.
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:54 am 
Professional
Professional

Do you wish to play somewhere unbound by conventional thought and rationales that lead to illogical assumptions? Then I recommend that if you wish to play somewhere that strives to be more intelligent, and more thoughtful that you play here. I would like to return MafiaStation.com back to its former Glory, but I cannot do that without the most fundamental of elements, players. Although I have downsized the forums at mafiastation, I have not downsized on our commitment to bringing more than mindless heists and hits for cash, but rather bringing back the real feel of Costa nostra, where your organization is your society, you make your rules in your family and as long as you abide by the game rules you can do whatever you wish to do that is realistic and plausible.

I ask that you all consider if it is really better at another place than here, yes I know you may think we are dead and inactive, but it is because people follow people. Think about it, if five people role-played here, as is now, you would see it as inactive. What if you came? What if more than just you came? What if you and five others came? What about more? Don't you see? You can make the site as active as you want by playing here, it is up to you if the site languishes in inactivity while a small band of rag tag forateers do their thing and still have fun, or it could be filled with organizations doing business and protecting interests all vying for the right to say they own the most land and can actually maintain it. That they hold all the businesses allowed in NYC. Not only is there that aspect of the game but there is being a hitman, paid to do the dirty deed of taking a life. Perhaps you would rather just be a story person and not commit crime; well certainly, there is a place for you. What about those who are righteous? You are just as welcome and you can hunt down criminals legally or vigilante style. It is open to you to decide your fate.

So, do you want to play where yes you might start small and work for it? Alternatively, somewhere else where it is handed to you and is cheap.

We can rebuild this site and once again make it active, but I leave it to you, the players, to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:37 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

I spent a little trip to MRPG to visit some old friends. Wow, they are multi-millionares.

" Good job," I told them. " What all do you do?" They kind of hesitated, but told me," I'm an ex-FBI agent. I paid everyone off to not kill me. I also do hits."

" Very nice. Sounds like you got it pretty well," I was just trying to make the guy feel better. " Mind if I read one of your hits?" and I was directed towards my friends signature, which had a link to his biography.

He had done six heists, and killed two incredibly poor RPers.

" Okay, okay, must've been pretty good stuff." I was telling myself, as I clicked his first link. Wow. Everyone has killed this guy. I've seen him die six, seven times myself. I was reading up his hit. Well, it wasn't horrible. Maybe six paragraphs. The defence was more poor, and no counter-attack was needed. I would have personally given the defender a better chance, but the fact is that the grading admin did something I despise.

" Brandon is dead. I enjoyed both, but [attacker]'s hit was better than the defence, and it had less errors."

Now, what did he mean about errors? Grammatical errors? No detail on this statement, but I knew what he meant. " Wow, the hit is longer than the defence, and that guy types/spells better."

I can't deal with that stuff. Every single hit/defence/counter I have ever read on this site had the admin thoroughly inspect it, take their time, and explain their reasoning. I can't deal with the," Well, it was 7k words longer than the other."

I could use enough detail to make a 7k piss, if I needed to. That doesn't mean I am more realistic, or my attack was better. Now, I wasn't done inspecting this mans work. It was sad to say that the second hit, and all the heists were pretty much the same way. Definately not worth a 10 million dollars, IRL, or not.

Realism. I love hits, I love heists. I love to see realism in these type of things, and if the admin seems like they care only about the length/spelling, I'm out. For example. I write some crap-ass 8k word RP, and acquire a handgun, and some ammuniton. Now, I write an incredibly well planned out, smart, organized 5k word heist, and I obtain nothing, even if the demands are less than the before mention. (Well, I wouldn't be requesting a handgun on MRPG, but you get my drift.)

I'll admit, I went back to MRPG with the intent of being a hitman, killing off the pricks that left my dear MSRP. After spending a good hour on that site, I was through.

I'm staying here for awhile.

Inventory

NPCs
McDaniels Leone [Class A Gunman]
[Armed with Beretta M92FS. Fifteen Round Magazine. Nine Rounds Remaining.]
----------------------------------
Personal Weapons On Hand
Glock 17. [9mm. 17 Round Magazine. 16 rounds remaining.]
Black Stiletto [Seven Inches. Dagger]
[x2] Concealed Daggers. [Six Inches overall in length. Three inch blade, partially serrated. Stored in belt sheath]
Vehicles
Nissan Z Coupe. Black.
Other Things
[x1] Pair Of Black Surgical Gloves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:00 am 
Advanced
Advanced

I'm gonna rock this bitch till the wheels fall off baby.

Weapons:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:19 pm 
Average
Average

I'm staying and not returning to MRPG for the foreseeible future. Before, I had no problem with Mr. Coleman and didn't understand why so many people were against him running the site. I mean, he had been around for a long time and I'm sure many of us were quite happy to hear that he had coughed up the cash for us to keep playing.

But after a quick visit the other day, I'd rather not go back no matter how inactive MSRP gets. The staff there has almost no input with the players. They judge a RP now and again, make some rules, and close their OOC area once in a while but that seems to be the extent of staff's involvement. Its' quite pitiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:19 pm 
Average
Average

I am working on the input with the players issue.
As for the rest I cant see that changing soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:07 pm 
Expert
Expert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:59 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

I have returned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:26 pm 
Professional
Professional

<embed id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?videoUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvp.video.google.com%2Fvideodownload%3Fversion%3D0%26secureurl%3DwAAAAG7ggqAHSiJjpW0D3w4aYTUPBzsDqJKGKajxkH9oH5PnD-wCAdmUqJ7b9f5Rhva6uC8ivav4oCt51Qc84j0qzk6lW9_ToQ-9bXvwAofN3dBqLqU5LUPf2aYbwyvtTobQiZZ-bUlZZ1rj4VsyewrCasGHgqwjdDI4e_IXSukZ1_Lljt1oG3JHQQH3m_pPHNWc_PtqD0M4tMCNsXIIFm5iWW7aaMt3W4pxB4rciHcr8_TC-Ge0b4lKI4nSWL2u-g17KMBnWRLnDI28qkHqm9mbZJs%26sigh%3DFNzKGekEFKoxOPT4OtfpI-Q-7xE%26begin%3D0%26len%3D233235%26docid%3D4055517603283436476&thumbnailUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2FThumbnailServer%3Fapp%3Dvss%26contentid%3D12a8ce29766c225b%26second%3D5%26itag%3Dw320%26urlcreated%3D1148505472%26sigh%3D7QSmaTxaIFs_vzA8Nhe4lT5RI6M&playerId=4055517603283436476" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" wmode="window" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"> </embed>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:51 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

I hate MRPG, that's why I'm still here xD I want to roleplay somewhere taht I have to earn things, not get things. I wanted a place that was realistic and fun. All people are doing is giving the active mmore time to take over more land, eventually people will start comeing back and not have the advantage we did. In the end, it'll be worth it.

Antonio Armanno

Inventory:
[x1]Cadillac 73
[x1]Glock 17

NPC's:
[x1] CA Hitman{Vincent Giovanni}
[X1]CA Negotiator{Antonio Giovanni}
[x1]Informant{The Bum}

770-0638

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]