[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - A Small Beginning

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Small Beginning
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:51 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Carlo stepped out of the yellow cab and the driver set off immediately, heading for a place more promising a client. The street was lame, not the kind of place you’d like your kids to live in. Same with the building. The six story construction looked like it remembered the 40’s. Old plan, no paint, cracked walls, even some windows boarded. The place had its story but it wasn’t what interested Carlo. The only important thing down here was the guy he was to meet. The choosing of place proved that he’s just that kind of sorry punk his friend said he would be.

Scipio tossed the burnt cig, walked past two drunks sitting at the entrance and into the hall. Just as he suspected there was no reception. No elevator too. He climbed the creaky stairs all the way to the last floor. Some kid spent his time sitting on the steps of third level. Carlo backed his face from the view and gave it a bored expression. He heard somewhere that people hardly remember faces without any special value. The kid hasn’t even moved, probably got used to strangers walking through.

Ten seconds later Carlo was standing in a shadowy corridor facing door number 52. Scivoli looked around before rising his hand. Two delicate knocks on the dry plank seemed to produce big noise in still air. He ignored the feeling, knowing it’s just the trick of imagination. Before long he caught a patter of feet on the other side.

“Who’s there?” the voice belonged to the same man he spoke an hour ago on the telephone, except the confidence.

“I’m Mr. Tubbs. We spoke on the phone” the second phrase wasn’t necessary. Carlo just added it to make the guy more comfortable.

“Ho… How do I know it’s really you?” the stammering at the beginning signed the man’s uncertainty. Scipio grinned. Yes, that was narrowly his man.

“I have ordered the stuff. I got the money” he tempted his host but didn’t forget to add other stimulating piece. “I’ll go someone else if you changed your mind.”

The click of the chain came in answer and the door opened revealing an exceptionally tall and skinny man. He was wearing a very well tailored, excellent quality suit. Carlo was bemused. How come the guy dresses so good and lives in this shithole?

”Please come in” man in the robe moved to let him in.

The room was very small, it had bare walls and almost no furniture, just a mattress with a kicked blanket, a wardrobe and old fridge taking much of the space. A single light bulb hang out from the ceiling. No carpet, no decorations. Open door led to the bathroom. A quick peer was enough to convince Scivoli nobody hid in there. Surprisingly there was no stench but a dense lavender smell of refresher. Comparing the place to the man’s wear was so odd Scipio thought it must have been a camouflage. The man in The owner locked the door.

”Sorry, Mr. Tubbs. You can’t be too careful, you know” he stated the apology.

”I understand that” Carlo said with a thin smile.

”My name’s Jeff Tucker. You can call me Need. Cos’ I got what ya need. Got it?” he burst into manic laughter of a mentally impaired man but stopped as soon as he realised his customer didn’t follow. ”I mean… I get you what you Neeeed… Err… Wanna sit?”

”Let’s get to business, Mr. Tucker” Carlo replied in harsh tone.

”Oh yes, yes. Of course. The business. Right” Need nervously rubbed his hands on the pants and went to the wardrobe. Scivoli stood at his back, taking a look at the inside. There were some coats and old clothes. Need threw some of them off and finally retrieved a suitcase and a smaller case from it.

”That’s it. Mike got it from the warehouse for me. Mike is my bro, ya know. He got the job in gun store and said we could do some dough on the side.” Need babbled all the time, handing the case to Carlo with no objections.

Tucker had much more to say but Scipio didn’t listen. Instead he had opened the case and checked its contents. A Beretta 92FS Brigadier with two magazines, a packet of ammo and a shoulder holster. A small set for the start. He couldn’t resist a laugh. This was so easy. He has just came through the ocean, new to this town and country. He didn’t have many friends here, but one of them proved very useful, providing him with the phone number. His last chips went on that silly cab but it was worth it. He had a piece and with it he could get anything else he needed. He wondered how come Need lived long enough to buy the suit being so stupid. When he began to put the pistol on himself Need snapped out.

”Ok, so where’s the cash?”

”Sure, you deserved your pay” Carlo’s hands shot forward and clenched on the man’s throat. Tucker’s eyes went big, he started to jump, panicking. His own hands grasped Scivoli’s wrists trying to shake him off but that was of no use. He was too weak and weaker every second. Scipio tightened his fingers on his victim’s neck. Need tried to say something but he couldn’t muster any sound. But his eyes said everything. The surprise, the fear, the begging. And finally, as he fell down to the mattress still being held hard by Scivoli’s hands, the death.

When Carlo was sure the guy’s dead, his mind concentrated on what was needed to do after performing a kill. He searched the body and room for cash and valuables. Than he backtracked all his moves, washed the floor with what he could find in the poor toilet and painstakingly wiped any places he could have fingerprinted with his jacket. He even took effort to clean Tucker’s nails for the sake of skin samples. Local police couldn’t have his record yet but it wouldn’t be wise to leave them with any trail. The suitcase with now empty casing went back to the closed wardrobe. Only the body stayed. He didn’t care for anyone finding it. Trying to dispose would be risky. Besides, they should never know who killed Jeff Tucker. Maybe they’ll hear of Mr. Tubbs, but that man never existed.

Finally, feeling he’s done, Scivoli left, first listening for any outside activity. The crucial thing was that noone see him leaving the apartment. He used his jacket again when operating the door handle. The corridor was empty, tenants probably at their works, if they had any. Going down he met the kid on the third floor and the both drunks outside again. They didn’t pay attention, he didn’t either. The familiar burden under the left shoulder made him relax as he strolled the streets.

Requesting:

- Comments
- Death of Jeff “Need” Tucker
- No witnesses
- No Cops
- Beretta 92FS Brigadier
- Shoulder holster
- Amount of cash and other valuables Grader thinks suitable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:31 pm 
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Alright...

This was a good heist. I mean it was simple, so it's nothing that'll really blow you away, but I personally liked it. I figured you'd shoot him with the Beretta, but you choked him for some reason. You cleaned up well after yourself, and you description of everything was good. I look forward to seeing you tackle tougher heists.

Outcome:

Death of Tucker Approved
No Witnesses Approved-The boy on the steps part kind of confused me, but I guess I may have misunderstood it
Beretta Approved
Holster Approved
Cash Approved-1000*

*I know it's not a lot, but how much would this shmuck really have on him?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]