[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Gone With A Smoke [Takeover]

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:43 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Part I – Setting It Up

“Where’s the phone, Tommassino?” Carlo asked the bartender.

“Calling someone up?”

“Yeah, a friend.”

“It’s in the corner over there” Tommassino leaned over the counter and showed him the booth.

“Thanks” Carlo moved to the machine, picked up the receiver, threw some change into the slot and dialed the number. The call was picked after three rings.

“Garatta” the familiar low pitched voice responded.

“Julio, it’s Scipio.”

“Scipio!” the voice on the line brightened. “How did the supplying go?”

“Very good” Carlo patted the gun under shoulder. “The guy was a moron. Pity I had to waste him. Scuzi.”

“Oh, well, somebody would have done that if not you. Where are you? Is the phone safe?” he asked suddenly getting nervous.

“I’m at Barzini’s now.”

“You’re quick” Julio said, calming down because he now knew the line was safe. “Ok, what’s it about?”

“I’m back on track” Carlo explained. “Got an idea the Don might like.”

“Yeah? What is it?”

“Cigars. Know any good supplier?”

Julio burst laughing. Scivoli wasn’t offended. They knew each other way too long for that.

“Cigars, you say” Julio repeated after he stopped laughing. “Genuine thought! Only you could think up something like that. Gimme a couple minutes. I’ll call you back.”

“Grazie, amico” Carlo hang up and leaned against the wall. He lighted a ciggie to kill the time. Just as he dropped the butt into ashtray the phone rang up.

“What do you have?”

“You’re a lucky guy, Scipio. I got the store a few alleys out.”

“Perfect. Details?”

“65 Murray Hill. It’s called United Cigars. The owner is Tony McGrave. Opened just over month ago. He runs it with brother. Small shop but rumor has it they sell good brands.”

Carlo listened with attention. So far so good. There should be no security. The place wouldn’t make real profit but he wasn’t doing this for money. It could bring him more esteem. Barzini will be glad having some free cigars. In any case, he could set up another business at the back. He could already imagine storing illegal goods or putting in some gambling. Perfect for the beginning.

“You want their phone number?” Julio asked.

“No, I rather pay them a visit. Thanks Julio, I owe you.”

“Don’t mention it. Send me a package of cubans sometime.”

“You got it. Arrivederci” Carlo cut the lines and moved towards exit. Tommassino spoke to him with a smile on the face.

“Got what you wanted, kid?”

Scivoli smiled back, walking past the bartender. He realised some time had to pass before the guy forgets the kiddo thing. If he ever forgets that.

“Precisely, oldy.”

He moved out and hailed himself a cab. The driver pulled over. He climbed on the backseat and ordered 65 Murray Hill. The cabby set off, not really happy about the short ride.

Part II – The Rendition

Carlo stepped out of the cab in front of the shop. The front looked ordinary but it was bigger than he thought. The building was similar to a storage of some kind. He smiled at the thought of the space to use. No way cigars take all that place. He didn’t stop for daydreaming. The job was to be done yet. He pushed the door. A bell cut the air. The interior was full of stuff. In the middle stood a table with two chairs and an ashtray. Place to smoke on the site. A great idea. A TV was hanged under the ceiling playing tobacco commercials. Now this could be changed to something more interesting. A quiet, light music was playing in the background. Cupboards and glass casing were scattered all around, displaying boxes of cigars, cans of tobacco, pipes, ashtrays and many other trading products. A heavy scent of cigars ruled the place. Behind a large counter sat a plump man in unbuttoned blue shirt. He stood up and hid a bottle of beer from the view.

“Good afternoon. How may I help you, sir?” he asked in conversational tone.

“Good day” Carlo said, coming to the counter. “I have an offer for you.”

“Oh, really” the salesman immediately became suspicious.

“Are you the manager?”

“Me and my brother, Tony. May I ask what you want?” the man crossed his arms and straightened to the full height. He was taller and bigger then Carlo, but Scivoli didn’t feel intimidated. This was just an ordinary fat man feeling a danger coming and thinking he could defend.

“What’s going on, Mark?” another man came out from the back. He was for the change short and skinny. Presumably it was Tony. The brothers had something common in their faces.

“Hello, Mr. McGrave” Carlo said, nodding his head slightly. “Your brother and I are just having some business talk.”

“How do you know our name?” Mark asked now getting angry.

“It’s not a secret, is it?” Carlo said, giving fatty a cold look. The big man took a step away just by the force of the glance.

“Excuse me, mister…” the other guy, Tony got to talk, but not for long.

“Call me Scipio. I am working for Signore Barzini.”

“Barzini?” fat guy shouted his boss’s name loudly and with hardly good feelings. “That thug? We don’t want his goons over here! Get out of our shop!”

Mark got through the counter fast and approached Carlo. He was going to catch him and throw him out. Scivoli wasn’t going to give in so easy. The man wasn’t really dangerous for him. He aimed a sharp punch into offender’s stomach and when the man bent, a kick to his chin. Then he grabbed and tossed him heavily on one of the lockers. The furnishing broke with the loud noise of cracking glass under the heavy man. Some of the shatters stuck in his skin making shallow scratches. The bleeding made it look a lot worse than it was. Tony McGrave jumped to his brother lying on the floor.

“Oh my God!” the whimp started panicking. “What are you doing? Please, leave us alone!”

“Shut up. Nobody disrespects Don Barzini” Carlo made a step towards Mark with a furious expression on his face.

“Please, leave him alone” Tony begged. “I’ll give you cash just please don’t hurt us.”

“I don’t want your lousy chickenfeed” Carlo stopped just before two men. He drew out his gun and aimed it towards the bigger man. Tony groaned. His brother looked into the barrel and his eyes went out of their orbits. Now he was scared too. Carlo let this moment last a while, than he changed the grip and hit another glass casing with the handle, scattering it all around.

“I want your place. From now on you’re working for me. Do you understand?”

“Yes! Yes, of course!” Tony agreed instantly.

“And you, Mark?” Carlo asked, looking the man straight into his eyes.

“Yes. Yes, we will work for you” the man answered with a chilled voice.

Hearing that, Carlo hid the gun back into the holster. He turned his back on them and took a seat behind the table. He lighted one of his cigarettes as Tony was helping Mark stand back on his feet.

“Bring me the papers. And money from the safe. Now.”

The brothers looked at each other. Mark hesitated for a glint. Tony didn’t wait even that. He just spun round and ran to the back to get the documents. Mark started shaking off the glass shards. Scivoli watched the commercials, showing how little he cares. Tony was back in a minute. He put the papers and some banknote clips on the table in front of Carlo. He didn’t look at them before ending his cig. Then he threw the money into the pockets without counting and started to read, turning the pages slowly. Both brothers stood looking at him. He knew that they were now broken. Not much more needed to be said.

“Ok, the papers look fine. I don’t think you were stupid enough to try ripping me off.” Carlo folded the papers and tucked them under his jacket. He stood to leave. Both men sighed their relief.

“But if you did, I’ll return and put you both where your name suggest.”

They frowned visibly. Scipio smiled. It was a warm smile, a reassuring one. It oddly contrasted with what they saw from him. And it just made them fear him more.

“I’ll have some things rearranged here. And drop by once a week to collect the stash so keep the sales on good level.”

Carlo didn’t wait for any responses. He stepped over the broken glass and went out of the shop. Outside the weather was lovely. He started his way back to The Guilded Lion, whistling the tune played around the shop. He liked it. It fitted the place. He began wondering what improvements shall be put into it. The future had bright colors.

Requests:
- Ownership of “United Cigars”
- Cash from the safe
- All NPC staff needed to run the shop
- Comments

Soldier of The Provenzano Family

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:27 pm 
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Alright...

I'm not sure what it is about your style, but it really flows for me. You had a little more conversation in this heist than I usually like, but you made it work. Julio was a nice touch. If you had thrown in some background info on him, it probably would've added cash to the eventual outcome. The takeover was nothing special, and to be honest it dissapointed me a little. While your entire heist up to it felt smooth and just rolled, the last confrontational part came off rushed and as if you didn't really care. It was something that a lot of people are doing, and is growing kind of old. This whole walk in, threaten the owner, walk out trend is going to start equaling denials of the takeovers. Anyway, I'm going to give you the bare minimum out of the safe because I don't really feel like this heist deserved much cash.

Outcome:

Tobacco Shop Approved
Cash Approved-3500
NPCs Approved-[2x] Managers (the brothers) [2x] NPCs of your choosing

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]