[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Topic 002 Abortion: Pro-Choice vs. Pro-Life

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

We are in need of someone to argue for pro-choice and someone to argue for pro-life. The first to PM me for each will be the one to enter that debate.

Francesco Salviese (Pro Choice) vs. Alda Renzo (Pro-Life)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

The Debate is open. We will start with Pro-Choice and then go to Pro-Life. Each person will be allowed three posts and then the winner will be declared. May the best debater win!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:56 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Roe vs. Wade. Quite possibly the most controversial case to have ever gone through the courts as the repercussions were to concern not only those directly involved with the case, or even contemparies, but the entire next generation of America's youth. When a young Norma McEveley insisted her child, conceived as the result of rape, should not be born, the law stating that the taking of a foetus' life in any stage of pregnancy was illegal except on grounds of a threat being posed to the mother, was challenged.

In a research dossier filed by Steven Levitt, a much-publicised American economist, the direct result of the Roe vs. Wade case was a vast reduction in the number of unwanted babies born to America's mothers, the majority of which would have been born, prior to the ruling, into deprived, insecure backgrounds which serve only to foster criminals borne out of desperation. He cited that the incredible reduction in crime in 1990's New York was not wholly the result of better policing and stricter enforcing of punishments but was in fact the descendant of the Roe vs. Wade ruling which, 20 years previous, had allowed mothers not wanting a child to not bring such a child into the world. Now, at what would have been the peak crime-committing age of these children, they were no longer present to commit the crimes. Why should a child, unwanted by its own mother, be forced to be born only to become a burden to society?

I therefore argue that a mother's decision as to whether she believes she is able to properly raise a child to be a beneficial member of society is paramount in deciding whether or not abortion should be allowed. No mother should be forced to give birth. Everyone makes mistakes, young women included. Why, when we are sentencing murderers to only twenty years in prison, are we serving women who do not want a child to a lifetime of parenting? Which, truly, is the greater crime? I believe it to be the case that the mother, accepting that she would not, at that stage, be a proper parent to the child, is doing the honourable deed by aborting the child. As a devout Catholic, my church preaches to me that pro-life is in fact the way forward but, in an age where teenage pregnancies are worryingly frequent and unwanted children even more so, I ask how in all practicality, pro-life is even an option anymore.

Personal Items:
• Beretta 92S
• Switchblade
• Nokia N70 Cellphone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:07 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Abortion is often recommended in cases of rape. But abortion does not undo the rape; instead it couples violence with violence. It is an easy response to a hectic situation. A major injustice is committed when allowing an innocent child to be killed for its father’s crime. There is also evidence that abortion only adds to the trauma of the rape victim as well as taking the innocent life of her child. A rape victim requires special emotional care regardless of whether or not she obtains an abortion. By recommending abortion as a quick and easy solution to the problem, a disservice is done to raped women.

By promoting abortion specifically in the case of rape you argue that the means of conception determines the value of a human life. This ideal fails to acknowledge that, biologically speaking, there is no difference between a human being conceived by a loving couple and a human being conceived by rape. Why are we to judge children conceived by rape as having no right to life?

By giving the option of an easy abortion to a generation of young women alarmingly notorious for unwanted births, you are simply giving them a simple solution to the 'problem', building their ignorance to safe sex and being careful when having intercourse. You are implanting a mentality of: "We aren't using protection, but I can get rid of a baby if I do get pregnant.."

As for women being made to have unwanted children, ask that women if she would have liked her mother to have had the option of eradicating her while she was still in the womb? The answer would obviously be, no. Also, women are not automatically induced into a "lifetime of parenting" by having an unwanted child, foster-homes and all sorts of support groups are ready, able, and willing to help with these common problems. But isn't that giving the child the terrible anguish of not having real parents and living as an orphan for it's entire life I hear you say? Well at least it's giving it a life, unlike the abortion option.

The views expressed in this are not personal, just facts and understanding of the (Pro-Life) side of the argument that I am aware of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:26 pm 
Average
Average

I know this isn't my place, but heres something to get you boys going, lets assume that a girl goes out and I dunno gets raped, or she has a baby then decides she really doesn't want it. Now, she has to decide what to do with this baby, well, she doesn't have the option of an abortion, she either goes to some back alley clinic and risks a messed up job, or in a last dive of desperation or stupidity she leaves this small child in its pushchair / stroller in a hedge / shrug / alley. Its going to suffer a slow death. Which is more evil, that or an abortion...
Oh and before you say thats extreme, how come theres a lot of it in the news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:03 pm 
Average
Average

[font=times new roman][M] Tybalt says: Audrey Hepburn has nice nostrils, which I wish I could service with kisses on a daily basis.
[M] Tybalt says: Which would be weird considering she's dead.
|MDM-El Presidente| Guard 2 says: Yes.
|MDM-El Presidente| Guard 2 says: Very, very weird.[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:09 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

The mother probably is too lazy, too poor, too drunk all the time or too high all the time to care for it. Those could be reasons to dump a baby in an alleyway, or leave one in a freezer.

I don't really feel one way or the other on this issue, I'm just sayin'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:36 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Abortions should be legal, but at the same time we should be trying to make them infrequent and unneccesary. "Virtuous" politicians shouldn't have jurdistiction that extends into a woman's uterus.

Earthly Possesions:
- '71 DeVille
- Remmington 12 Gauge
- Ruger .45 Auto Pistola
- 2 Foot Long Penis

Time flies like the wind, and fruit flies like bananas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:56 pm 
Average
Average

Hey, aslong as there's a human life inside that uterus, it's beyond silly political bickering. No one should purposely deny a fertalized ovum from the fair chance of developing into a baby. If the mother did it, she's guilty, if the doctor did it, he's guilty too.

I think intentional abortion should be a crime, even if it was caused be gross negligance on the mother's part.

[font=times new roman][M] Tybalt says: Audrey Hepburn has nice nostrils, which I wish I could service with kisses on a daily basis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:18 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Earthly Possesions:
- '71 DeVille
- Remmington 12 Gauge
- Ruger .45 Auto Pistola
- 2 Foot Long Penis

Time flies like the wind, and fruit flies like bananas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:30 pm 
Average
Average

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:28 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

I despise your new avatar, Franck.

Who was in your old one?

-Professional Thief-
[Open For Heists]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:41 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Am I going to get a reply from you Francesco?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:15 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Can we have a deadline for the length of a time a debater can go without replying? Otherwise it is impossible to win one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]