[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Corona di Palermo [Canelupo]

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:58 am 
Advanced
Advanced

"Alright ..." The young woman scratched her head in one spot, then flicked a lock of hair into place, wondering what to say next. It was a few seconds before she came up with something as she placed her other hand on top of the other, crossing them in her lap. "We'll need a vehicle for transport there, obviously, and then for transport back. Could those trucks you acquired be refitted with benches?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:02 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

"I do not see why not" Aton looked at her and then back at Giacomo. He studied them for a moment, his eyes only flicking once between them in the time of one inhalation of air. Looking to Atanasia he beckoned her to follow him outside the door for a moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:06 am 
Advanced
Advanced

The young woman excused herself quietly and slid off the stool, gently landing on her high heels, barely making a sound. Her shoes clicking softly on the varnished wooden kitchen floor, she followed Dr. Phibes out the door, closing it quietly behind her. "Yes? ..." She shot a sideways glance at Isi who was 'eavesdropping' on the conversation through the glass, before returning her eyes to the man in front of her.

Last edited by Atanasia cel Rau on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:12 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Carefully choosing his words Anton said to her next "Nod whether you agree or disagree, I think someones watching you" Anton had already seen Tisi but was further lead onto it by Atanasia's stare. "I would like to cook dinner tonight. I would like it to be a private dinner, if that is alright with you. I of course won't be eating." Anton looked back for an answer, he then said before she could "if you could move a little so that prying eyes would not betray your lips we may have more privacy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:26 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Turning so that Isi would see nothing but her back, the young woman signed something to her deaf friend as she did so, and most likely received a rude reply for it. There was but one word lingering on her mind at this strange proposition, and she voiced it with a hint of suspicion in her eyes. "Why?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:30 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

"You'll see Dona, consider it a repayment and a gift from me to you for your hospitality" Anton hid within him the true reasons, much different than what he was implying indeed, but she didn’t need to know why or who else would be there "I usually do not brag, but I am a good cook" He looked at her and then said to her "You once asked me.... what happened to create this monstrosity you see before you.... do you still wish to know, or rather do you want to even know?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:02 am 
Advanced
Advanced

"It's 'Asia." The young woman murmured, slotting her comment in between the good Doctor's first comment and his final closing sentence. She was vaguely suspicious of his offer, but nodded nevertheless, always curious, as was shown by her next comment. "Yes, I still want to know, but ..." She trailed off, her 'but' very quiet as her thoughts lead on 'you're no monstrosity ... not to me.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:58 am 
Advanced
Advanced

[OOC: I swear I'm losing it...i really am]

Savino Torre
Underboss for the Provenzano Family

Last edited by Savino Torre on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:00 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

"What re created me were the few friends I had before they succumbed to old age, all of them my senior in years. You see, I am unfinished. They hid me away for fifteen years, and I asked them to do what they could, each metal rod, each screw, each suture replacing a ligament brought me one step closer to revenge, bringing me closer to finality..." Anton trailed off realizing he had jumped too far ahead, slowly he eased down into a chair outside and began speaking in a tone most dark and foul “It was a few years after Bella had been murdered, and I left Palermo. I was working in the United States and fell in love with someone; most beautiful she was a dream from heaven. She was perfect” Anton’s voice lightened at the mention of her name “Victoria was the light of my life, I found salvation and I became wealthy from my skill as a surgeon. She was in love with me and I with her… we had two daughters together… I saw one recently but she vanished yet again.” Anton stared forward and then an ominous mood beset him each word emanating hatred and spite each vowel a dagger in the heard of language “Then Victoria was taken from me by the doctors who were drowning in their own inefficient stupidity, she died on the operating table. I vowed my revenge on them after I found out from waking up after the accident. They killed her, and I have killed Aron. Ten men left responsible for her death are still alive and I will have my vengeance in this world or the next.” Seething with venom and hatred his breathing became quickened, deeper and within his eyes burned a nuclear hell of hatred and spite “I was on my way to the hospital when I had found out she had the aneurism, I drove there myself but then something happened. I was told they were drunk, but I was pulled from the wreck alive. All my bones were shattered my vertebrae in shambles and my ligaments mostly torn or popped.” Anton looked at her and then ripped the mask off his face pointing at himself “The fire burned my flesh and burned my body it burned me alive but did not curse me to this fate. I stayed alive for her, but she died from them.” Anton was slowly heaving in deep breaths and exhaling them out with fire on his tongue. Slowly he put the mask back on, latex then the surgical, then the hat.

He sat there, seething in his own hate and loathing, staring at the sky; fists clinched into white balls and scarred flesh. Slowly the moment passed and drained from him and quietly he said to her “That is what happened to me, that is how a lot of my flesh was burned. It wasn’t that, however, that mutilated me. Before I was burned I was sliced by the broken shards of exploding glass. The burning saved my life by cauterizing my wounds…” He rolled up a sleeve exposing the muscle that was shaped oddly and seemed to be missing parts, whereas the rest compensated “I can crush a mans larynx with ease, and yet I cannot eat normal food” up and down his arm were scars, and protrusions around the joints where rods were screwed in; ligaments were re-threaded with sutures. Standing back up silently he looked at her, without malice and said “I do hope you now know what you wished to know Atanasia” Phibes then said to her “I prefer the full name, because it is so much more lovely off the tongue”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:01 am 
Advanced
Advanced

OOC: Mr. Torre ... If you read the posts following yours ... I believe it's right after Cristoforo's ... I said you could come up. Re-read, and re-post is my suggestion ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:08 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Savino Torre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:41 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Isi Salazar

The young woman seated in the kitchen heard the doorbell and went to answer it - as the house possessed no housekeepers, she was fully aware that she might be mistaken for a maid or something of the like. The swarthy woman exited the secondary living room where Mr. Torre was seated, before she entered once more, playing what she saw as a little joke on the man.

Isi: What may I do for you, sir?

An almost playful smile was set on her face, and her easy eyes smiled. She watched his lips more than anything and waited for a reply, hoping that he wouldn't mumble - she could lip read well, having been deaf for some years now, but mumblers were always a challenge. She thanked the Gods she could still talk ...

OOC: Please excuse any mistakes, I'm in a rush to get out the door ... this also means that I won't be able to reply to you straight away, I apologise for any inconveniences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:31 am 
Advanced
Advanced

[OOC: I should get more accustomed to people's houses before I make up characters...]

Savino was sitting there when he heard the lady talk. He jumped a little bit and looked up. He noticed that his tunnel vision had prohibited him from noticing that the woman standing there was not a housekeeper at all, but a resident of the estate. Sav stood up and approached the woman. He took her hand and shook it lightly.

"Ciao, la signorina, I am Savino Torre. I have come on business from Mr. Nico Mosca of the Killmunati Syndicate. He has packages for Mr. and Miss cel Rau and since I was in town, he asked for me to deliver the packages. Are they about? No need for rush, I am a patient man."

Savino smiled as he waited for her reply.

Savino Torre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:07 am 
Advanced
Advanced

<center>
Isi Salazar</center>

Isi: Atanasia is upstairs, I am not sure about her brother. I will see about freeing her from her business - I believe it is not urgent - and then we can get you on your way once more. Perhaps you would like to join the rest of us in the kitchen? That is ... if it's not private business you wish to conduct? If you are prepared to wait a while, perhaps I can get you something to drink.

The young woman gave him a pleasant smile after she'd finished speaking, gently crossing her arms and resting them low on her stomach after shaking the man's hand in return. She stood just beside the door frame, awaiting the man's answer to see what he would do.

<center>
Atanasia cel Rau</center>

What Atanasia heard horrified her but it also served to make her feel lucky. She was alive, she had the use of her hands, her feet, her mouth - she could eat, and she could breathe without a mask constantly over her face. Her hand lifted to her mouth, unconsciously touching her cheeks and her lips to see if they were still there. She found that the sight of Anton with his mask off still horrified her, and unbidden tears leapt to her eyes but she blinked them back. She cherished beauty so much that she hated to see anything like Anton - he was such a beautiful person to her, that she hated whoever had done this, she hated whoever he hated.
"I know ..." Her voice was soft as she reached out, touching the sleeve of Anton's suit with the tips of her fingers. Her eyes betrayed her pity, her empathy and her sorrow for this man, as did her gesture. She had heard the doorbell ring a while ago, but had ignored it. She could not miss this - found she would not have missed it for the world. This man was like a father to her, had become a surrogate father in the short time she'd spent with him. She trusted him, and with a nod she let him know he could call her whatever he wanted; a privilege nobody else had attained but her family and Isi.
Her gaze moved to the interior, where the two men still waited - she noted that her friend had disappeared, and thought that it would have been to answer the door. She smiled softly, then looked back to Anton. "You may cook me dinner tonight. I will ask no more questions." He had given, and so she would take. That was how it worked. In time, she too would give, and he would take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:16 pm 
Intermediate
Intermediate

And the kitchen was emptied, save for Giacomo and Anastagio. Giacomo looked at Anastagio sideways, wondering why he was so quiet all of a sudden. Shrugging to himself, Giacomo began to walk the length of the kitchen, pretending to examine it. His extended pace went unnoticed, his head bowed down, his hands in his pockets. Had he made the right decision? Bringing more of his family into a life of crime? Guilt was already racking his insides with a cold, heavy feeling for bringing Anastagio into this, but these men were simple, honest men. Did he really want them to live such a life?

The voice in the back of Giacomo's mind, the cold, calculating, inhuman voice brought the other side of the situation to light. The side Giacomo had not yet come accustomed to. They work for you. You work for the cel Raus...well, one of them. The other one is always away. His sister is the one that appears to understand more anyway.

Giacomo stopped suddenly, mentally shaking himself and imagining the inhuman voice receding to the back of his mind once again. Sighing, he walked to the table, muttering under his breath.

"Thats what you get for reading Ricardo Reis..."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next