[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
M.S.R.P. II • View topic - Divine Intervention or Coincidence? (A Heist)

M.S.R.P. II

Archived
It is currently Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:37 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

The wind had picked up considerably since Anthony dropped me off. It was about 55 degrees outside and sunny. It was cool, but it felt good. It was, in my opinion, ideal weather to be outside in. If the temperature was just a bit higher it would truly be a day made perfect by divine intervention.

It was already a good day because I had my newly acquired heat. It was a work of art, a weapon that only professionals would use. I didn’t particularly want to use it on anyone per se, but it was good to know if someone tried to start trouble with me, I’d be prepared. The gun’s contour felt nice in my waistband beside the fact one couldn’t bend down with it there! But I didn’t care. It still was one of my favorite concealed weapons.

At that point in time I didn’t have too much money in my name. I had about 120 bucks in my pocket. I needed more money. In this part of town there were plenty of opportunities that could score me a lot of cash. I passed several possibilities but nothing that suited my needs ideally. That was until I passed Frank’s Coin Shop. I mean what better choice than a shop that specializes in money? Sure a lot of it was old, but still. Anything that didn’t work could be fenced for a reasonable price. But the actual merchandise was beside the point. Everyone knows the coin collecting industry is a lucrative industry. That means a lot of middle-aged men would come into this shop and waste their perfectly good money which would be early nineties vintage for money of 1800’s vintage coins and cash. This means that they’d have a safe somewhere housing the current cash that they made from the sales.

To get a general idea for how the store was laid out I went inside and took a look around. About thirty feet from the door the salesperson stood behind his glass counter, much like the kind that you’d see in a jewelry or gun store, talking to a heavy set man about a certain piece of currency from way back when. There was a door behind the clerk that had the typical “Employees Only” sign on it. That was definitely where the safe and other things of that nature were stored. Above us was the wooden ceiling with rafters going left to right. It was a rich mahogany type of wood so coming in from above was out of the question. As to not look too suspicious I casually walked around the center area of the store looking into various cases that formed a U around the store. To my luck there was only one security camera in the store. It was up in a corner of the shop that could see the entire store. This would be a job that would need some planning. But the pay off would be worth it.

”Excuse me sir, what’s your closing time?” I asked.

”Eight o’clock now that it’s no longer daylight savings. We like to close as soon as it gets dark” the clerk said in response.

”Okay, thank you.” I said as I walked out. Now all that was left to do was to wait till night-fall.

It was a bit past eight o’clock and I was standing on a street corner about a block away from the shop. I looked slightly to my left to see the shop owner locking up and then stroll over to his car which was parked on the side of the street opposite his shop. As soon as he was in his car and driving down the street I was half way to the store. When I reached the door the deadbolt was locked. I wasn’t sure if the place had an alarm so I had to re-think my point of entry. Then it hit me. What good is an alarm system if there’s no power keeping it on? I looked around for the source of power that lit up the store. The lights in the store were already out so it wouldn’t be obvious the store’s power was out. I walked around to the back of the store in search of the power source.

In the back, an alley ran from one side of the block to the other. Two telephone poles stood on each end of this alley. A wire ran from on pole, along the backs of the buildings, to the other post. On each store a wire in a protective covering branched off the main one and into the store. I found the one that powered Frank’s Coin Shop and pulled out my DEagle from my waist band. In my pocket was the large silencer for it. I screwed it on and then pulled the slide back to chamber a round. I took careful aim at the branched off wire and fired a shot. The recoil made the webbing between my thumb and index finger sting. The report of the silenced weapon sounded as if someone broke a bit of wood. When the round hit the wire covering it sparked and kicked out piece of brick, some dust, and some sparks perpendicular to the wall. I inhaled some dust and sneezed into my sleeve. I chuckled to myself and thought Man, I love sneezing!

As for the power, I knew it was out. The electric keypad lock that was on the back door was off. The side-scrolling words had stopped running from left to right on the display screen. I walked over and turned the handle on the door but it didn’t move. Apparently the lock stays in place when the power goes out. No matter. I pulled out my DEagle again and fired four shots into the lock and door handle. I then pulled the damaged door handle and, after some tugging and shoving, the door swung open.

To my shock and relief a furry form was laying by the door with a dark pool around it. Oh my God… I shot the guard dog on accident. The son-of-a-bitch was waiting for me to open the door! Someone’s going to have one hell of a surprise tomorrow. I thought to myself. Stepping over the slain beast, I walked into was seemed to be the office. On the wall next to the door was the security panel for the store. Adding to the whole irony of my endeavor so far, the switch that armed and disarmed the system was switched to off. All that for nothing! That was ok though. Since the power was out, and the security system was out, I now had all the time in the world to rummage around in the store. No cops would be coming on behalf of Brinks Home Security to check on why the system was shut down. Perfect.

In the office was a desk with an older office chair with a suit jacket draped over the back. The desk was littered with papers. On the back of the desk was a framed picture of the Clerk’s family. His wife wasn’t that good looking, and neither were his kids. I then checked the drawers for anything of importance. There were files, various office tools, and a bag of Jolly-Ranchers. To erase the fingerprints off the handles, I picked up the roll of industrial strength paper towels sitting on the desk with the Windex and scrubbed the handles clean. I then threw the bottle and the roll outside into the alley. They both had my prints on them, so I would have to take them with me. Next to the desk on the side closest to the back door was a leather satchel type brief-case. I would use this to put anything I stole out of here in it. My next goal was to find the goods. Cash and anything that could be fenced would be the priority.

In this office there were a total of three doors. One lead to the store’s interior, one was the one I came through, and the other was closed and on the other side of the office. I walked up this door and delivered a swift blow to the right of the handle. It didn’t budge. My DEagle had two more rounds left till I needed the final clip. I fired one into the door handle allowing the door to swing open freely. Inside this room was exactly what I was looking for, the safe.

This safe was a rather cheaply made one, simple in design. It was a forest green and had your standard dial. It looked like a stereo typical safe would, not one of these fire-proof, electronic safes that are so commonly used today. It reminded me of my high-school days when I had a locker. It was simple to open these without being a master safe cracker. You merely turn it to the right till you hear a faint click, to the left then to the right again, waiting for the faint clicks. Of course if this didn’t work, I’d be forced to resort to other means. Hopefully that wouldn’t come.

I slowly began to move the knob clockwise listening intently. Then at 42 a faint tick was heard. Now, counter-clockwise I began to turn it. At 9 it clicked. Then clockwise once more I spun it. But this time no click was heard. I tried 42-9 and then spun it three times. Thrice it nothing happened. I didn’t feel like shooting the safe open for two reasons. One it may not work which would leave me unprotected and two, it may damage what was in side. So I frantically looked around the office for something as a clue. I was growing angry when I finally realized it. The address of this place was 4296 7-Mile Avenue. I leapt towards the safe and entered 42, then 9, then 6. I said to myself, “ Please God, let this work. In your name I pray, let this work!” As soon as I finished my meg-shift prayer, I pulled downward on the lever. It didn’t budge an inch. In my exasperation I stood up and fired the last shot in my Desert Eagle into the safe. Sparks shot from where I shot and a hole could be seen. The round entered right above the handle. As I walked towards the door into the store, I heard a creak. I turned around to see the safe open wide. In pure shock and awe, I though,That is a sign from God. That is truly a Divine Message!

I walked slowly to the safe and sank to my knees. Inside the safe were a plethora of items, one of them being a snub-nosed .38. I picked this little guy up and checked to see if it was loaded. 5 of the 6 chambers had brass circles in them. The owner probably carried this on him while working because the empty chamber was a safety precaution as to not shoot your self. I flicked my wrist to put the revolving chamber back into its resting place then put it in my waist band near the back. Also in the safe was a coin enclosed in a plastic sleeve. “Early American 5-cent piece. 1792” was engraved on a metal plate inside the plastic. I pocketed this and then looked on the shelf lower down. I nearly had an orgasm at what I saw.

On the lowest shelf were stacks of money about two inches high a piece. There were 6 of them, all hundreds. I grabbed the satchel of black leather and threw the dough into it. The last one I pulled from the safe I thumbed through to see if they were all one hundred dollar bills. Sure enough, they were. The current swing of things on this job elated me. Now to move into the actual store.

With my DEagle and my satchel in hand, I proceeded through the door to the register. The register was like any other. It wasn’t anything hard to get open. I looked it over and figured out how to open it. A swift slam on the top opened it. Inside there was some small change consisting of about 100 dollars in small bills. I had gotten the big stuff already. Underneath the register were refills for the receipt machine, some paper towels, Windex, and, behind a box of tools, another hang gun. Only this one was a nine millimeter. It was much like the one used in all the James Bond movies, the Walther PPK. I grabbed this gun and stuck it in the satchel with the money.

It had been about an hour since I had first entered the shop and I was certainly better of than when I started. I had picked the store clean of anything that seemed of worthy value to me. I decided enough was enough and walked out with satchel in hand, being sure not to step on the dog’s corpse. I closed the door enough so that it would seem normal at a glance. I then walked away as if nothing had happened.

Requests:

1 X Walther PPK 9 MM
1 X S&W .38 Revolver
60,000-100,000 dollars (more if you feel worthy hehe)
Constructive Criticism

2 X Baretta 92G Elite (silencer and personal side arm)

M-16 Colt Switch Blade

Night Vision Goggles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:41 am 
Intermediate
Intermediate

Requests:

1 X Walther PPK 9 MM - Approved

1 X S&W .38 Revolver - No idea why a store owner would need two guns but sure.

60,000-100,000 dollars (more if you feel worthy hehe) - $15,000

Constructive Criticism - To be honest, if there was an active police force on the site you'd be arrested. At the begining you come into the store and ask what time closing is, then leave and wait around outside. You state that you watched the owner leave and get into his car. An age old rule is unless you're well hidden the person your watching could see you right back. If I were the store owner and I drove past the guy who asked what time we closed I'd be suspicious. You went in and shot the door/electrical with a very loud weapon and your timeframe kept you there for an hour.

I love the way you describe your surroundings. Most heists that I've looked at I had became lost in where the character actually was but you're great at keeping that in check. I could get a great mental picture of what the store looked like and what was exactly going on so I've got nothing bad to say in that department. You've the skills but the application for this heist was flawed and thus why you didn't get the cash you would have hoped. Keep up your smooth rping style but try to work on the skeleton that the whole crime is build around, the plan.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]